Do you love thinking outside of the box when it comes to hospitality? Does networking and connecting with people come naturally to you? Then you should consider working at The Marq Legends Hall team. We are searching for a world class professional ready to serve our world class community.
The City of Southlake is a place where we come together to enrich the quality of life for those who live, work, and play here. We strive to exceed expectations by delivering memorable experiences, world class services, and a thoughtfully planned, well-maintained City. The Southlake Way inspires us to respectfully deliver excellent services, creating positive and lasting impressions. Learn more about our values.
Our professionals are the most important resource in our service commitment to our customers. We nurture a progressive environment where challenging, empowered, and purposeful work is celebrated.
The Hospitality & Sales Manager is responsible for the overall management, planning, and execution of all sales, banquet, facility, and guest services operations and The Marq Southlake Legends Hall. In addition, this position will also oversee operations of the Southlake Senior Activity Center located within Legends Hall. This is accomplished by leading high performing sales, banquet, facility, guest services, and senior services operations; developing and managing the division's operating budget; and managing and overseeing all assigned division personnel. Learn more about the Hospitality & Sales Manager position.
- Operations: Responsible for all sales operations and works closely with the Sales Specialist to identify market opportunities in a new and creative way to develop short and long term promotion and sales strategies. Attends and works trade shows as needed. Ensures smooth operation and management responsibility for facility operations at Legends Hall, Aria Amphitheater and the Senior Activity Center.
- Management: Achieves the standards of a high performing, strategic organization by planning, directing, coordinating, and reviewing the department work plan, goals, objectives, KAIs and priorities. Supervises assigned personnel and volunteers.
- Budget: Participates in the development and administration of the annual budget for the Hospitality & Sales division, including the Senior Activity Center.
- Availability: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm with occasional evening and weekend availability due to city and industry events.
- Competitive pay and exceptional medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Retirement program (TMRS) with City matching 2:1
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday pay
- City paid LTD, AD&D, and Life insurance
- Longevity Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Champions Club Membership Discount (resident rate)
- Ongoing training
- City provided certifications
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Library card
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management, Business Management, or Hotel Administration highly preferred.
- Four (4) - five (5) years of relevant hospitality, sales, facility management, operations experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Ability to be innovative, forward thinking and cutting edge in the event/ hospitality industry.
- Experience creating and managing a budget for a facility.
- Experience with EventPro preferred.
- Ability to remain flexible with your schedule. Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm; Occasional evening and weekend availability due to city and industry events.
- You work for the greater good of the City and live the values every day.
- You graciously serve those who live, work, and play here.
- You are a good steward of City resources and are empowered to make decisions aligned with the City's strategy.
- You anticipate customer needs and relentlessly pursue solutions.
- You take pride in your work. It's your community!
- You are warm and sincere and listen with empathy.
- You own the experience and make each moment memorable.
The City offers a comprehensive benefits package to all regular, full-time employees which includes: Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS); 457 Deferred Compensation Plans; Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life Insurance; Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Long Term Disability Insurance; 10 days paid vacation; 10 days paid sick leave; 10 paid holidays, and one personal day.
For a detailed overview of Southlake benefits, please visit the Pay & Benefits page.