Software Engineer (Mid Level)
Classification: FLSA Exempt
Reports To: Supervisor, Software Engineering
Special Instructions to Applicants: In order to meet our Federal reporting requirements, we are UNABLE to accept applications directly from Indeed. Please submit your full application using this link: https://indicalab.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=50&source=aWQ9MTc%3D
Indica Labs builds industry-leading image analysis software and is looking for passionate software engineers to join a small team that builds and maintains the Halo Image Analysis platform. The Halo team has an exciting culture dedicated to developing and implementing cutting-edge approaches for digital pathology. This work and related features touch on image viewing, data handling, and analysis; medium-large scale data handling; back-end technology such as GraphQL, entity framework, and MySQL; debugging deployed and local software; and front-end UI building/maintenance. The languages most used in these areas are C# and C++; although, on occasion, other languages may also be used. The exceptional developer hired for this position has the opportunity to impact how digital pathology is conducted across the world and to be of assistance to a variety of medical fields including cancer treatment research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with a small, diverse development team to implement new features and extend existing ones.
- Communicates with application scientists to derive requirements and convert those into beautiful code.
- Weighs and communicates design tradeoffs, builds prototypes, and solicits feedback in dynamic iterations.
- Works with our support staff to diagnose and fix internally discovered or customer reported issues.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, allows it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performances.
- Designs system and obtains information on project limitations and capabilities
- Stores, retrieves, and manipulates data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements
- Designs, develops, and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering (CE), Electrical Engineering (EE), Math or related. Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- One (1) year of development experience (Professional and Educational experience are both applicable)
- Authorization to work in the United States, or appropriate authorization to work in the applicant’s current home country (Indica Labs, Inc. does not sponsor work visas)
- Three (3) years of development experience
- Familiar with enterprise environments and operations
- Experience with Full-Stack
- Fluent in C# with a working knowledge of C++ and multiple other programming languages
- Extensive debugging experience
- Experience with WinForms/ WPF UI programming
- Experience with Entity Framework and GraphQL
- Strong preference will be given to applicants currently residing in New Mexico
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong software design skills, including imperative, functional, Object Oriented Programing (OOP)
- Knowledge of relational databases and network protocols (MySQL, HTTPS)
- Understanding of Test-Driven Development
- Knowledge of Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) design framework
- Knowledge of asynchronous programming and debugging multi-threaded code
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse, global community
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules
- Project management skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Ability to evaluate new and evolving programming technologies
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Knowledge and understanding of current progressive programming technologies
This position is based at our headquarters in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- No, or limited physical effort required
- No, or limited exposure to physical risk
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
Indica Labs, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We take pride in providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Additionally, it is standard company policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws. All candidates will be required to submit unofficial transcripts as a condition of application. Due to the nature of our business, and to meet United States Federal, State, and International requirements, final selected candidates must pass a background check for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19