Requisition ID: 109546
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Director, Global HR Technology is accountable for:
- Building out the product strategy and roadmap for delivery of key services and products to international countries
- Delivering complex and high-risk projects and/or portfolios of projects (programs), leading large cross-functional teams to ensure that the business needs and outcomes of the projects are satisfied and aligned with the organization’s strategic objectives.
- The Senior Program Manager is expected to have extensive knowledge of the industry and should be recognized for business acumen by the business partners supported. The position requires expert understanding of technologies, project management and life cycle development methodologies, as well as technical architectures pertaining to the area. The Senior Delivery Manager will have excellent skills in relationship and general business management.
- Work closely with the business to develop IT roadmaps for the key products supported by the team
- Be the point person/relationship manager for the international countries for intake of work
- Lead a team to determine organizational and financial feasibility of the project, including the completion of the business case as appropriate, as well as clean articulation of business outcomes.
- Definition of the solution: This includes ensuring at the project outset:
- Balanced consideration of business, technical and application architectural standards and emerging solutions
- Articulation of the key project risks and risk-mitigation plan to ensure that the project is delivered with quality, on time and on budget
- Management of the delivery process, leading the development of a consolidated project plan with incorporates all business, technology and operational aspects of the project. Development of the project critical path such that priorities can be set and adjusted with awareness of the potential impact on quality, cost or timeliness.
- Proactively identify key project issues with the sun potential to impact project objectives and lead the team in developing creative/alternative solutions to mitigate the risk and satisfactorily address the issues in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Negotiation and management of contractual obligations with third parties.
- The position requires expert team building skills to create and sustain highly motivated groups with diverse and multifunctional reporting units, including external parties that are most often not within the incumbent’s direct supervision. This includes maintaining the momentum of the project or program against the background of changing and occasionally conflicting priorities.
- Ongoing communication of project status, completing the monthly Project Status Reports and escalating issues to the Business Sponsor, IT&S Sponsor, the Head, PMO or EVP, IT&S as required. Ensure the documentation and archiving of project activities, deliverables, tools and finders for use in future projects.
- In the context of managing programs, the position requires:
- Identification and management of dependencies between individual projects in the program
- Identification and management of the overall critical path
- Sufficient understanding of the business environment in order to assess the impacts on multiple businesses and/or geographies, and establish project sequence and priority accordingly
- Understanding the technical environment in order to assess operational risk associated with various solution and implementation options.
- 5-10 years of experience in the financial services industry, managing large complex projects, that have significant IT and operational components.
- Working familiarity with project management methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology
- PMP Designation an asset
- Spanish language preferred but not required
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.