As a Data Solutions Consultant, you will guide D2L customers with creating a data strategy that will help D2L customers measure and meet their organizational objectives. Leveraging Brightspace data tools and your knowledge of current business intelligence technology, you will work directly with D2L customers to define, design and implement quality data solutions related to the use of the Brightspace platform. You will act as a subject matter expert for our clients, keeping up-to-date on tools available within the Brightspace platform. The Data Solutions Consultant is a trusted partner for D2L clients, providing valuable data solutions that align with client data strategies.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Act as trusted client-advocate within the D2L organization by helping assigned clients design and implement their data strategy using data from Brightspace
- Provide consulting services at a business strategy level to support customer needs as it relates to their unique data strategy, and design solutions based on Brightspace Data tools
- Leverage proven track record in working with strategic accounts to provide assistance and design solutions that align with client data strategy
- Works closely with Product Management to identify client data requirements and contribute to D2L Product roadmap regarding data tools
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with internal customer-facing stakeholders with the intent of executing on behalf of clients
- Strong working knowledge with commercial Business Intelligence Tools such as Domo, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with APIs, including the ability to write and understand code written in alignment with an API framework
- Proven ability to provide innovative solutions and improvise when necessary in order to meet customer needs
- Liaise and collaborate with internal teams to support client needs
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of D2L solutions
- Participate in architectural reviews at the customer site
- Maintain an accurate record and documentation for pre and post on-site visits
- Record and prioritize data-related issues and requirements
- Occasionally conduct face to face meetings with customers either at a D2L office or at a client site
- Travel Requirements are less than 10% and primarily in North America
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced technical environment
- Proven SQL experience with writing and interpreting SQL queries
- Experience inputting data into BI software and creating visualizations and reports.
- Working knowledge of APIs with ability to write and interpret code that adheres to an API framework
- Ability to perform requested tasks autonomously and to set your own priorities
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, able to build and manage strong relationships cross-functionally across all management levels and roles to collaborate and execute effectively
- Bilingual in either French/English and/or Spanish/English is a definite asset
WHY WE’RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit