Berlin Packaging is the nation's premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don’t know what makes the rigid packaging industry special? Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass, plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care, industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are high-performing - and importantly, collaborative - entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an “Anything is Possible!” mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin’s profitable growth.
Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company has grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we're not done yet.
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If so, we are seeking a District Sales Manager who will be responsible for managing, developing, and directing the sales force to achieve district sales and profit goals.
Key Accountabilities: *
- Manage and develop district personnel (sales force development).
- Manage sales and profitability through developing existing accounts (self and sales team).
- Maximize sales through prospecting, securing and developing new accounts (self and sales team).
- Oversee operational aspects of the district.
- Maintain customer and supplier relationships.
- Asset management.
- Model the Berlin Values and serve as a champion for The Berlin Culture as defined in the employer and employee portions of the T-Chart.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: **
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of successful and progressive industrial sales experience or similar experience in a business to business environment involving complex, relationship-based transactions.
- Demonstrated success managing a team of sales professionals to achieve goals.
- Ability to train and develop new sales reps in consultative sales and assuring existing sales reps to annually grow and maximize sales.
- Strong business and financial acumen; demonstrates subject matter expertise of Berlin Packaging’s business, products, customers, and suppliers.
- Results oriented; has passion for building winning teams, developing talent, and contributing to a positive, high-performance culture.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and conflict management skills; can influence without authority and partner across functions.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills.
- Is flexible; seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement and new ways of working.
- Operates with a high sense of urgency; demonstrates strong time management skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow up.
- Self-motivated; demonstrates a strong work ethic; consistently strives to attain goals and seeks self-improvement.
- Technologically savvy.
- Ability to travel
Office, automobile, warehouse and production facilities.
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package *including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance, employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.
Berlin Packaging provides equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time