THE SALVATION ARMY - striving to "Do the most good"
HIRING SALES ASSOCIATES/MATERIAL HANDLERS
CASHIERS & KEY CARRIERS
GREAT PART TIME OPPORTUNITY FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS & RETIREES
- Must be able to operate POS/Cash Register
- Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History and Sex Offender Registry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, the public, fellow store employees, customers and donors & demonstrate a customer service attitude.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
- Ability to operate a telephone
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure Customer/Donor needs are met by greeting all Customers and Donors and giving prompt, courteous assistance.
2. Stock priced items ready to be merchandised on the sales floor in accordance with Salvation Army Standards.
3. Sort donations to be processed in accordance with Salvation Army Standards.
4. Assist in the maintenance of the store to keep it clean, neat and organized. Perform cleaning duties as assigned by Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Shift Supervisor and District Sales Manager.
- * Maintains assigned department within the store per TSA Merchandising Standards.
- Dusting/Cleaning Windows
- Cashwrap Area
- Fitting Rooms
- Stockroom and Breakroom
- Sweeping and Mopping
- Donation Area
THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
THE SALVATION ARMY is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.07 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- South San Francisco, CA 94080: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Do you have Valid California Driver License?
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- P O S / Cashier: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location