We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. We leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 250credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com
Because of COVID-19, all Central 1 offices are currently closed to non-essential employees. This role will see you working remotely until our offices are reopened. The timeline to reopen is still under consideration, as are our future remote working policies.
We are looking for a Business Analyst for our Payments Modernization program.
You’re someone who embraces change and loves to jump in and take ownership of delivering results for clients. As an experienced Business Analyst, you will help create the business, stakeholder, and solution requirements to get our innovative banking solution into the hands of our clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support those in the Product team in working with the clients to understand their existing business process and functionality
- Analyze the clients’ needs, isolate and identify gaps, translate business requirements into technical specs and user stories, engage internal teams and conduct regular validation to ensure requirements are satisfied throughout the implementation process.
- Work with clients and other stakeholders to gather information, conduct research, and document business needs and requirements
- Recommend service modifications/enhancements, help resolve production problems, and present proposals to management and clients
- Help define project parameters, prepare project plans with timelines and budget, and communicate requirements to the technical team
- Track and oversee the project life cycle from analysis through to deployment
- Provide training and support to clients and colleagues about new and enhanced products and services as well as write information releases and user manuals
What you'll have:
- Knowledge and understanding of business analysis principles and methodologies
- University degree in computer science, business administration, or other related disciplines with an IT focus (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience working on projects through all stages of the project life-cycle
- Must be comfortable with working on multiple features, roll-outs, or enhancement projects of varying size and complexity, with conflicting deadlines in a team environment
- Will have familiarity and understanding of agile development process, with a technical and/or financial background considered an asset
- Must be detail-oriented and diligent, with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with managing own workload, with minimal supervision, with a focus on the efficient throughput of changes and supporting the team in the successful delivery
- Comfortable working on multiple features, roll-outs, or enhancement projects of varying size and complexity, with conflicting deadlines in a team environment
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We are welcoming of all applicants and we will provide an accessible candidate experience.
Reporting to: AVP, Payments
Date Posted: July 9, 2021
Internal Applicant due date: July 16, 2021
External Applicant due date: July 30, 2021
Location: Vancouver, BC, Mississauga, ON, Toronto, ON