BoxKnight is a same and next day delivery service. We work with e-commerce retailers to offer their customers fast and personalized deliveries, allowing them to compete with Amazon Prime. We use the local inventory in warehouses or storefronts that is closest to the client to ensure fast, efficient, and on time deliveries, always. Our deliveries are accomplished by independent contractors, who are onboarded based on their excellent service level.
BoxKnight is changing the game by allowing all retailers to offer fast deliveries, so that they don't lose market share. We are passionate about working with our retail partners to create awesome delivery experiences. We also work closely with our delivery partners, whether individuals or companies, to provide them with the tools and delivery volume they need to provide and awesome service and reach their potential.
We are looking for a full time, Business Development Manager to join our team and become a major contributor to our growth. Your role will be to drive sales with retail partners large and small across the GVA and nationally. You will have the opportunity to represent the company at trade shows, open doors with retailers, and be on the lookout for business and partnerships. We have grown 500% year over year and are looking to keep that going in 2021 and beyond.
The ideal candidate is motivated to join a young and dynamic start-up, comfortable meeting, pitching and calling retailers, well connected in the Canadian retail industry and ready to hustle and have fun while doing so!
- Develop a local and provincial strategy (including the use of existing network and attending conferences)
- Reach out to potential clients via email, phone calls and in person meetings
- Arrange, prepare and lead business meetings with prospective clients
- Methodically qualify, build and manage sales funnel with our CRM (Hubspot)
- Assess and screen opportunities before involving CEO and other team members
- Provide feedback to product and operations teams
- Collaborate to refine business model and pricing strategy
- Build long-term relationships with existing clients
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with B2B and/or SaaS sales and business development
- Established network in the e-commerce retail industry
- Problem Solver
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Proficiency in English
- Time management and planning skills
- Desire to learn quickly
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field
- Experience in the delivery or logistics industry
- Proficient with Hubspot, Asana, Slack and Gsuite
- Team player
Ready to join the team? Send your resume and a brief cover letter to the email below. Not the right fit but you have the right person in mind? Please share this with them!
Benefits and what BoxKnight offers:
- Flexible hours
- Be on the ground floor of a fast-growing business
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- 4 weeks of vacation
- Fresh coffee, stocked pantry with healthy snacks
- Weekly trivia night and other team events
- Be an important player and make strategic decisions
- Represent BoxKnight at trade shows across the country
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.