Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Associate Growth Account Executive to join the Growth sales team.
We're looking for a driven, meticulous, and hardworking individual. The ideal Associate Growth AE has a passion for communications and wants to advance their sales career at an elite sales organization. You are right for this role if you're eager to expand upon your sales experience by partnering with our Growth AE's, as an overlay, to drive sales cycles that help our customers progress their customer engagement and digital transformation initiatives.
The Associate Growth AE role holds a key position in the growth and development of our sales pipeline. Success in this role directly impacts the evolution of how the company successfully engages and interacts with our customers, while helping to fuel the continued growth and success of Twilio.
Twilio is looking for an Associate Growth AE who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of being a team player and is results oriented. They also have:
- 1-2 years sales development experience in the PaaS/SaaS industries and/or 1-2 years of closing experience in another industry.
- Interested in building a long-term career in quota-carrying sales roles
- A go-getter attitude, who wants to develop new and innovative communications workflows.
- General understanding of Sales Enablement Platforms (Outreach), CRM and prospecting tools.
- Feels comfortable in any vertical and is technically curious.
- Thrives on helping customers solve their problems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- BE AN OWNER: You will be a quota carrying sales person, overlaying the Growth Sales team, responsible for driving sales cycles both independently and by partnering with our Growth Account Executives. These cycles will require you to understand customers' (strategic growth initiatives), engagement requirements, including context, channels and audience. While you will focus on developing new opportunities with new customers there will also be opportunities to expand upon an existing product footprint within an account.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS' SHOES: Develop strong relationships (both internal and external), and really excel at building long-lasting partnerships with prospective customers.
- BE BOLD: Generate customer opportunities will come from a variety of sources, including strategic prospecting, Twilio marketing campaigns and Twilio sales engagement.
- BE INCLUSIVE: You will also coordinate the introduction of resources across all go to market functions to support desired outcomes, including sales engineering, specialist services, customer success, executives and more.
The Growth Sales team is a strategic component to our go-to-market strategy. Our customers are often software engineers, application owners, product managers, line of business executives, VP's of innovation, omni-channel and digital strategy stakeholders of some of the most dynamic start-ups, digital economy companies, and mid-sized commercial companies. With an ever growing amount of companies being created, along with companies that have been around for many years - our SMB and Mid-Markets are the bread and butter when it comes to companies creating a customized platform for their communication needs. Beyond the exciting companies we work with in the Growth Segment, this role and team are an exciting one to join as it can fast-track you to a full cycle sales role as well as up-market opportunities, management, or roles outside the sales team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Atlanta office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry â€” from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations â€” to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.