Head of Business Development for Digital Health Start-up
LyfeMD is a digital health company that is changing how lifestyle interventions are offered to patients with chronic disease. We have reimagined the way patients can access the latest and greatest lifestyle information for their health conditions.
Join us at LyfeMD
Are you a seasoned digital health business development individual looking for a career that positively impacts people’s health and happiness where you can make a direct impact on their overall wellness?
Then you should consider joining LyfeMD! We’re looking for a great business development leader to head our current business development and sales in Calgary, AB.
Who We Need
We need someone who is a doer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Someone with a positive attitude who wants to contribute towards a significant vision and take ownership of their work. You will help drive our startup's growth by defining and executing our business development and sales strategy.
You are someone who has experience in a significant business development and sales role over the years and have been part of a successful team that has built a company from the ground up. You have product (tech/SAAS) experience and understand how to reach pharmaceutical, pharmacy, insurance and other corporate buyers across North America.
You get excited about teamwork and are capable of independently building and managing teams and projects from start to finish.
We are seeking a highly resourceful, independent, performance-oriented and high energy Business Development and Sales professional located in Calgary, Alberta to help strategically grow our business through partner and customer acquisition, enhanced product development and team development.
Who We Are
LyfeMD (www.lyfemd.ca) is a fast-growing healthcare technology company on a mission to transform the delivery of nutrition, physical activity and mindfulness therapies using the latest technology and targeting specific conditions. Currently these conditions include inflammatory bowel disease, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, inflammatory arthritis and a general healthy gut microbiome. By the end of the year, we want to have successfully launched in Canada and begin to enter the United States market with better lifestyle-related health solutions for these conditions. LyfeMD empowers organizations, health professionals, and patients to take their online lifestyle intervention to the next level using their IOS, or Andriod device.
We are a highly collaborative team of clinicians, tech experts, and entrepreneurs who are inventing a new way to provide evidence-based care in an industry that is overrun with misinformation and ineffective lifestyle advice. Join us!
Some of the responsibilities include:
· Experienced in strategically building and leading start-ups.
· Manage and lead our business development activities together with our executive team.
· Measure the effectiveness of activities to guide strategy and develop reports for the LyfeMD team.
· Support product development based on innovation, brand development, market trends, competitive research, customer feedback and consumer research and positioning.
· Lead the development of the business development and sales plans with internal and external partners that drive sales, improve ROI and drive market share growth.
· Be responsible for budget and aligning spend to achieve data driven results.
· Work closely with the executive team, product, and operations to support customer communication, messaging and positioning, value proposition development, and sales enablement.
· Be the expert on the market, competition, ideal customer profile, industry pain points, and develop solutions to address pain points.
· Develop an understanding of our B to B to C customers across different industry sectors and assist in generating strategies that improve the partnership funnel.
· Maintain relationships with existing partners to drive effective program implementations and continued success for our client partners.
· Leverage and expand your existing professional network to broker and drive new partnerships.
· Keep up to date with innovative health technology and trending wellness ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
· Use your deep expertise and product knowledge to communicate the value of the offering to new potential partners and to understand the health needs and challenges facing potential partners.
· Identify opportunities to evolve and strengthen our market growth strategy, messaging, and product offering.
· A seasoned negotiator, able to procure the best deals even when sitting across from significantly larger organizations.
To Be Successful, You Should Have:
- Education. You have a minimum undergraduate degree preferably in business.
- Experience. Ideally you have at least 5 years experience in the digital health industry and some years with a start-up company. You have 5+ years of direct sales or partnership engagement in the technology sector, health and wellness space and ideally SaaS software sales.
- Communication skills. You have outstanding written and oral skills. You are able to translate business offerings into simple to understand language quickly and easily. You are comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels, from all backgrounds.
- Deep network of senior contacts within the corporate, non-profit, government, health and wellness sectors built over years of establishing trust with your clients.
- Track record of hitting and exceeding performance targets.
- Comfortable engaging with senior and c-suite leadership at different organizations.
- Passionate about health and wellness
- Resourceful and creative problem solver, never losing sight of the "why" behind the "what"
We meet regularly as a team, bringing all aspects of our business together. The Head of Business Development will help shape the direction of the company and get exposure to all different facets of LyfeMD including business development, sales, technology development, and customer service.
We put humans first. We have a collaborative team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers and the individuals our customers serve. There is a great opportunity for those that join our team to build and shape a company they believe in.
Part-time contract leading to full-time employment.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Start date: September 2021
Reference ID: CA001
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Application deadline: 2021-08-26
Expected start date: 2021-09-20
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: Up to $135,000.00 per year
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift