Who you are:
You are detail-oriented, have strong communication skills, and love meeting and exceeding the goals you have set for yourself. You have a passion for engaging with diverse groups of people and have the ability to adapt your communication style accordingly. You are naturally curious and enjoy researching new and exciting industries. You should enjoy asking questions and always be hungry for feedback to get better at your craft. You are reliable and can work autonomously, but also do exceptionally well in a collaborative work environment that is focused on excellence and customer satisfaction. You are intellectually curious and are growth-oriented.
What you’ll do:
As our Associate for Business Development, you will be partnered with a Sales Executive focused on generating leads for Challenger. You will be responsible for researching and finding new sales opportunities and providing support to your sales executive throughout the sales cycle. You will also conduct qualitative analyses, create presentation materials, and draft proposals. To thrive, you enjoy providing logistical and administrative support in pursuit of meeting goals.
- Partner with a Sales Executive to identify opportunities for revenue growth in a dedicated territory.
- Outreach to senior executives at organizations to generate interest in Challenger services and create commercial opportunities – outreach channels include cold calls, tailored emails, and LinkedIn.
- Recruit senior sales and marketing leaders to attend networking events, webinars, live seminars, and conferences.
- Conduct market research to identify business problems that relate to our solutions.
- Track all prospective client interactions through an internal database to ensure accurate and consistent reporting.
What you bring: *
You have prior professional or internship experience in a customer-focused field that includes some direct customer interaction. You have cold-called potential customers or clients and not solely relied on inbound leads. You have a strong track record of meeting and exceeding goals and can demonstrate that through examples. You are interested in a sales career long-term and are eager to learn Challenger’s Methodology.
Curious about your career path at Challenger? This role is at the Associate Level within Challenger’s career-path structure for the Sales Team. This team has the following levels of progression for growth and development.
Associate I à Associate II à Sr. Associate à Manager à Director à Sr. Director à Market Director
Challenger is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer._ All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Challenger without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [email protected]__
We challenge conventional thinking to unlock growth and enable an uncommon customer experience. We are dedicated to driving exceptional growth by changing behaviors in Sales, Marketing, and Service teams. Our commercial transformation programs, including message creation, skill development, and implementation support, have provided performance improvements and significant financial results to hundreds of clients around the world. Each program is supported by ongoing research and backed by our best-selling books The Challenger Sale, The Challenger Customer, and The Effortless Experience.
We are passionate about our people and proud of our culture. We co-created a set of values to ensure that we are delivering fantastic work, continuing to learn and developing and building a high-performance culture which creates opportunities for those who work here:
- Authentic Collaboration: We value teamwork. We trust in our collective potential. we invite every voice and operate as one team. We are committed to promoting transparency.
- Bold Thinking: We value progress. We see possibilities everywhere. We welcome the hard work of exploration. We lean into change and embrace ideas that spark growth.
- Lifelong Learning: We value curiosity. With humility and respect, we listen, advise, and challenge. We are students of our past in order to be leaders of our future. Open minds keep us agile.
- Uncompromised Quality: We value excellence. We believe that if something is worth doing, it’s worth doing right. Our unwavering commitment to our colleagues and our clients means we deliver work that we’re proud of, always.
What we can offer you:
Competitive compensation packages based on experience and relevant skillset. Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, flexible take-what-you-need vacation plan, and more. Opportunity to join a high growth business launching into its next phase of transformation. A collaborative culture of smart, hard-working people that support one another to get the job done!
Challenger, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe diversity is key to the success of our business and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all colleagues.
Job Type: Full-time