At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 2,100 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief
The AR Specialist provides a vital role in our Accounting department, interacting with external partners and internal account teams to achieve cash goals. EAB seeks someone with the ability to communicate with others in a pleasant manner, research issues effectively, and document all efforts in an organized way. As an essential team member, the collections specialist will gain experience with EAB invoicing, contracts, and services offered to our partners.
This role is based in Richmond, VA.
- Work with partners in a collaborative manner to ensure collection on outstanding partner invoices
- Autonomously manage a pool of partners
- Strategize and effectively communicate with Account Management to handle partner concerns that arise
- Liaise with Account Management and Commercial colleagues to create invoice and collection strategies
- Handle finance related inquiries from internal and external contacts
- Update database daily for collections reporting
- Spearhead other process improvement and special projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates with 1 Year office experience
- Strong ability to communicate effectively by e-mail and phone
- Excellent academic record
- Detail-oriented with high level of organizational skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, including Excel
- Must also possess at least two of the following:
- Leadership experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience in an office setting
- Ability to successfully overcome challenges or obstacles
- Experience thinking through problems creatively
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to take initiative on projects and handle customer service interactions
- Interest in and working knowledge of education subject matter and related finance topics
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.