Our mission is to help our customers and we do this by delivering media software solutions. We are challenging the way our customers work and educating them on how to do it better. With a global team of dedicated employees, Imagine Communications is leading the way in a fast-changing industry.
Imagine offers a generous Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance package and HSA and 401(k) options with company matching. We like to make sure all our employees are safe when travelling so we’ve got travel insurance covered too. Employee Wellbeing is a priority for us, so all employees and their family have access to our EAP and Wellness programs, including LifeSpeak and Vitality. Volunteer in your community and we will pay for that too.A Bit About The Role:
- Work on a hybrid cloud environment (public and private cloud) and identify, configure, analyse, and design traffic flows and various controls and appliances as required.
- Configure and maintain both IP and Baseband networks to allow for the seamless flow of control, multicast/unicast, SDI data, and storage across these networks.
- Design, configure, and maintain a high-performance/high-availability virtualized environment for large-scale system validation.
- Lead the development and execution of the System Integration Test plan containing exploratory test cases for software, hardware, and mechanical elements.
- Liaise with R&D and Product Line Management (PLM) teams to identify system testing requirements and collaborate with the rest of the QA team to execute system level verification.
- Configure and deploy various tools, systems, and appliances as required for CI/CD (i.e. build systems, automation framework, version/source control, device simulators, etc.).
- Collaborate with core R&D Architecture, Development and QA team members on the design and implementation of solutions to support the reliable delivery/deployment of products and services required for continuous integration/delivery.
- Participate in the management of maintenance contracts and managing infrastructure projects to budget.
- Train R&D teams, PLMs, and other staff as needs emerge.
- Document all physical/logical configurations as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS) or related discipline - Equivalent industry experience and demonstrable knowledge may be used to replace this requirement
- 3+ years of experience in QA automation development
- 3+ years of experience in Python or Java and shell scripting
- Proven ability to write Test Plans of type: functional, stability, performance, etc.
- Proven ability to enter quickly into existing large-scale project
- Proven ability to design complex E2E testing systems, utilize existing infrastructures and open source code
- Solid understanding of JSON, XML, REST and other similar web services/protocols
- Solid understanding/experience of computer networking fundamentals: Linux, Windows, Cloud computing, Virtual Server environments.
- Experience in testing distributed High Availability (HA) systems
- Ability to analyse, prototype and debug solutions and accurately communicate the results
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Well-developed oral & written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and with teams; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Versatile & adaptable to new tools & challenges
- Ability to support multiple projects
- Experience with tools and appliances as required for CI/CD (i.e. build systems, automation framework, version/source control, device simulators, etc.).
- Experience with Jira and Confluence specifically for agile development.
Celebrating difference, together stronger