READY Robotics is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Lead Quality Assurance Engineer for a hands-on role that involves testing both software applications and robot hardware as a whole product.
Industrial robots are difficult to program and integrate, making them very time-consuming and costly to deploy. READY Robotics's technology removes these barriers by creating an easy-to-use system with an open architecture capable of being programmed in a matter of hours by almost anyone.
As the Lead Quality Assurance Engineer you will be responsible for creating a comprehensive and expandable test suite for a fleet of robots and devices. This will include test plans, test environments, component-level tests, automation and reporting tools that allows anyone on the team to create new tests or perform regression tests within the framework created. This testing regime must be scalable as additional robots and peripherals are added.
This is a full-time position where you will be working alongside a dedicated team of professionals in a fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative environment.
- Perform manual tests on robots and automation equipment
- Assure both new and existing product functions perform as expected before each software and hardware release
- Assure product never strays from its safety and performance requirements
- Develop repeatable test processes that surface issues early and often during development
- Convert manual tests to automation scripts and test suites (physical and virtual).
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management teams as new features are developed to ensure a complete test coverage. Will also work closely with our Customer Success team to capture and track product issues on the field.
- 5+ years of hands-on testing experience
- BS degree in a STEM field or equivalent experience
- Understanding of end-to-end automation system (robot, peripherals, Forge / OS) operations and translating those to automatic execution.
- Understanding and expanding automation to simulation environments when applicable.
- Experience with organizing and leading a QA process for a shipping hardware product with software interfaces
- Experience in QA/Automation/Test/Robotic Application Engineering
- Experience with multiple brands of robots, PLCs and other automation equipment
- Some experience with test automation tools and scripting
- Strong desire to learn new things
- Excellent planning, communication and observational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, think like an "end-user"
- A fertile imagination for generating test scenarios
- Based in Columbus, Ohio or willing to relocate
- Experience with Jira is a plus
- Experience with Git is a plus
- S/W development workflow and CI/CD integration a plus