Join our team of pharmacy experts and provide safe and effective medication preparation and distribution to all clinical units and outpatient areas here at Humber River Hospital.
At Humber River Hospital, our Pharmacy department plays a pivotal role in ensuring the safe distribution and service of medications to patients which facilitates successful patient treatment outcomes in compliance with legal, regulatory and accreditation standards. The management and distribution of our medications is critical in ensuring we are able to consistently deliver the high-quality, safe care that we are known for. As we continue to grow our pharmacy operations, we are seeking a Registered Pharmacist to join our team.
Are you a qualified Registered Pharmacist, comfortable with technology and a strong team player who can work effectively in conjunction with fellow Pharmacists and other team members? Are you able to provide compassionate patient centered care? If you answered yes to the questions above, we invite you to read the details below and apply to this exciting career opportunity at Humber River Hospital.
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Pharmacy Services.
Hourly Salary: $45.95 - $56.78
Availability: Available to work rotating shifts (Monday to Friday, Weekends & Statutory Holidays). Part time and Temporary Part time staff are required to provide availability and be available for 3-4 shifts per week including weekends per operational needs.
May require travel among all HRH sites
- Responsible for the provision of clinical pharmacy services for the purpose of achieving definite outcomes to improve the patients’ quality of life.
- Other “drug use control” responsibilities, including review of physician’s orders, creation and maintenance of computerized patient medication profiles, IV admixture, TPN, Pediatric and chemotherapy preparation, drug information, Drug Therapy Monitoring and adverse drug reaction reporting.
- Computer Provider Order Entry (CPOE) and verification of prescriptions in the MEDITECH system, clinical pharmacotherapy monitoring, checking of chemotherapy, and selective medications dispensing.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachleor of Science in Pharmacy required.Pharm D an asset
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists required – Part A.
- Previous hospital experience in unit dose and/or IV additive preferred.
- Hospital residency program or equivalent an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize a consistent and varied workload.
- Ability to direct and teach staff.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills required, in order to facilitate effective communication with patients, peers, other health care providers, and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prevent and resolve drug related problems.
- Good understanding of change management; must be able to identify change needs and proactively act on those needs.
- Effective negotiation and conflict management/ resolution skills required.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Hours of work: Available to work rotating shifts (Monday to Friday, Weekends & Statutory Holidays)
These vacancies will be filled in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and Ontario Public Service Employee Union Local 590.
Why Humber? Why Now?