The Account Team Unit (ATU) is the organization that owns the customer relationship overall and orchestrates all internal and partner resources to drive customer business outcomes. The ATU covers a certain territory of accounts within an industry. The core account team consists of the Account Executive (AE), the Account Technology Strategist (ATS) and the Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM). The AE and ATS roles report to the Sales Manager.
Emerging business needs of the ATU include:
- Innovation and digital transformation across 3 horizons to drive transformation success.
- Focus on envisioning and business value across clouds and solution areas.
- Accelerating industry knowledge and leadership by building deeper business & technology skills by industry and vertical.
- Drive cross-solution alignment of business needs to applications, data and infrastructure services across clouds.
- Accelerating modern selling by maximizing the opportunity from automation and new resources.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture. Embody our values. Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes. Enable success across boundaries. Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people. Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations. Invest in the growth of others.
Market/Industry Thought Leadership
- Provides guidance to team on establishing Microsoft's competitive advantage and offering strategies that satisfy customers' Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Drives results faster than competition in new markets/solution areas (e.g., cloud services growth and consumption). Identifies light house/beach head successes in select or strategic industries (develop a competitive advantage through launching something very successful/excelling in the industry).
Digital Transformation Growth
- Understands drivers of digital transformation relevant to their customers and partners across lines of business and coaches team to partner with internal teams to accelerate the customer/partner innovative digital transformation. Leads digital transformation and shifts market; captures addressable market. Leads a cross-organizational segment manager on strategic projects that enable innovative digital transformation and deliver business value. Leads managers to apply a growth and customer/partner mindset in response to transformation and customers/competitors. Sets strategies for managers to enable managers to lead teams.
Driving Transformation in the Business
- Guides the business within the segment, leads the strategic directions, leads managers and teams on how to think creatively in response to customer/partner needs and competition, and facilitates transformation among internal teams.
Culture and Leadership Across the Business
- Analyzes and understands strategies to drive success within scope of accountability and works to develop/mentor/coach talent internally. Encourages managers and individuals across the organization. Fosters a culture of learning, coaching, customer-centricity, accountability, collaboration and achieving big bold goals. Motivates and brings teams together. Leads a diverse and inclusive workforce. Creates/hires a diverse team. Fosters an inclusive working environment via the ten inclusive behaviors. Serves as a subject matter expert in relevant local regulatory and policy environments (e.g., opening doors and removing barriers for sales teams, partners, and customers) across geographic areas. Demonstrates industry capabilities to address public sector agendas. Influences and works across organization functions, partners and teams to drive growth and transformation and effectively define sale processes, holding others accountable for results. Leads team to identify opportunities to drive optimizations and new digitalization solution strategies based on customer and market strategies, and discusses/advocates for customer/market needs and solutions based on customer/partner insights.
Orchestration and Collaboration
- Builds and maintains broad leader network within and across partner community for specific skill sets and industries as well as within Microsoft. Creates new points of entry for orchestration and collaboration. Defines where orchestration is needed for success. Influences and works across functions, partners and teams to drive growth and transformation and effectively define sale processes, holding others accountable for results. Encourages and sets the tone for an organizational culture for collaboration. Implements customer relationship development strategies across the organization.
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering (e.g., Electrical or Mechanical), Business Management, Economics, or related field
6+ years of related experience, including senior sales leadership roles, managing high performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies, and/or leadership roles in multi-tiered large organizations
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering (e.g., Electrical or Mechanical), Business Management, Economics, or related field AND 12+ years of related experience, including senior sales leadership roles, managing high performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies, and/or leadership roles in multi-tiered large organizations
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering (e.g., Electrical or Mechanical), Business Management, Economics, or related field AND 8+ years of related experience, including senior sales leadership roles, managing high performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies, and/or leadership roles in multi-tiered large organizations
- OR equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.