Sales Manager - Luxury Leisure, Corporate, Government IT & Government Group
Located in beautiful downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, the Pan Pacific Vancouver is a luxurious Canadian iconic hotel towering over the Pacific Ocean with 23 stories of architectural beauty. The waterfront property eloquently boasts panoramic views of Coal Harbour, North Shore Mountains, Stanley Park and the city skyline, like no other in the city. One of Vancouver’s leading hotels, the Pan Pacific Vancouver consists of 503 spacious guest rooms, over 42,000 square feet of event space, and offers a wide selection of modern hotel amenities including two waterfront restaurants.
We are currently recruiting for a driven sales individual to join our team as a Sales Manager. Under the guidance of our Director of Sales and working closely with our Senior Sales Manager, this opportunity will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that lead to new business development, account acquisition and lead generation.
You are an enthusiastic sales individual with a can-do attitude. You are a strong communicator and work well with guests and colleagues. You enjoy prospecting, are motivated by a challenge, and are hungry for the next sales win. Your strong networking and relationship building skills combined with your attention to detail set you up for success. Your experience and knowledge within Luxury Leisure, Business Travel, as well as Provincial and Federal Government Transient and Group markets make you an ideal candidate for this position.
We are an enthusiastic, driven and seasoned team who takes pride in what we do. We work hard and value a team approach to provide the best guest service. We not only create memories for our guests, but for our employees too, and have fun at various team building activities throughout the year. Pan Pacific Vancouver offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan, hotel perks and a positive and enjoyable work environment.
The key responsibilities of the Sales Manager include but are not limited to:
- Secure Luxury Leisure partnerships and account management of existing accounts.
- Business development of new Corporate Transient accounts and account management of existing Corporate Transient accounts. Must exhibit a ‘hunter mentality’ in the acquisition of new business opportunities.
- Source new Provincial and Federal Government IT opportunities while managing existing accounts. Handles all Government Group inquiries, including international delegations through Consulate offices.
- Create and implement market specific strategies that are in alignment with our annual Business Plan & Hotel Budget.
- Develop strong client and guest relationships; through prompt response times, superior attention to detail, and the ability to manage frequently changing client needs.
- Ensure weekly & monthly individual sales activity goals (Prospecting, Sales Calls, Entertainment, Sites, FAMs), and Room Revenue targets are achieved, and share market intelligence obtained through client interactions.
- Practice thorough account qualification on a consistent basis (i.e., understanding budget requirements, past history, date flexibility, space requirements, guest room to meeting space ratios, competitive information, etc.).
- Manage the hotel’s loyalty rewards program; the Diamond Club, including reviewing/approving redemption requests, creating newsletters, as well as planning annual events to ensure the continued loyalty of our top accounts.
- By carefully monitoring pace reports, will be expected to create, promote and implement promotions for both business and government transient accounts to increase business volumes during need periods, while also monitoring business trends in order to anticipate future business opportunities.
- Oversee ongoing client relations with Group accounts, contract negotiations and hotel representation at industry related events.
- Attend tradeshows and networking events in order to connect with business influencers and decision makers, ensuring the Pan Pacific Vancouver is visible and professionally presented.
- Complete projects and assignments from the Director of Sales & Senior Sales Manager as required.
The successful candidate will be a committed, results-driven sales professional that has the ability to build strong relationships, and can deliver on goals through skilled negotiations with new and existing clients. This position will require the candidate to work independently and within a team environment and will be a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Minimum two (2) years as a Sales Manager within the Hotel industry with a proven track record of achieving room and revenue goals.
- Previous experience working with the Luxury Leisure and Corporate market segment is an asset.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university, college or hotel school an asset or equivalent level of education and work experience.
- Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills.
- “Serving It Right” Certificate required.
- Strong negotiating and presentation skills, detail oriented, highly organized and possess a ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Experience with completing RFPs (Request for Proposal), knowledge of group contracts; including the ability to explain the contract clauses to the end user.
- Must have the flexibility to incorporate travel, evening and weekend work into their lifestyle; must have valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs – Opera, Lanyon, and the GDS are an asset.