PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play —it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Technical External Producer
Sony Interactive Entertainment (PlayStation) has an exciting career opportunity. We seek a Sr. Technical Producer / Technical Account Manager to ensure that our game development partners have the best possible experience while developing on PlayStation platforms.
It will be your job to represent all that the PlayStation platform has to offer while advocating on behalf of your developers within Sony. Few positions can offer an opportunity like this, specifically the ability to work on a wide range of important titles while helping to affect change to the future of PlayStation. To be proficient in this position, you should possess both business acumen and technical expertise to influence game development decisions while assuring that they align with the grander Sony vision.
- Evangelize the PlayStation platform towards strategic alignment of developer projects
- Track our partner relationships and collaborate with other groups around the world to create consistency in our approach to service.
- Bridge the technical and business aspects of development. Partnering internally with our Developer Technology Group engineers and Account Management groups.
- Meet regularly with PlayStation developers to proactively identify project risks, support needs, and opportunities.
- Build long-term collaborative relationships with technical decision makers and influencers.
- Maintain strong ownership of the titles you work on, triaging and helping to ensure resolution of all issues as they arise.
- Collect developer feedback and champion that within PlayStation.
- Recommend and drive technical best practices amongst licensed developers.
- Provide onsite support and training.
- Contribute to developer training events, postmortems, and advisory panels.
- Understanding of general development pipelines for games.
- 5 years of experience and knowledge of console title development and publishing
- Prior console game development experience is preferred.
- Prior production, QA, software or tool development (C/C++ preferred) with increasing responsibility.
- High level technical knowledge of the PlayStation platform is preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with an eye toward providing excellent customer support.
- Familiarity with development tools and ability to quickly familiarize with new deeply technical projects in development.
- The ability to operate with little to no supervision at partner sites, providing a professional and useful service to our developers.
- Willing to travel and coordinate with leverage technical expertise in other groups to solve issues at hand. When not able to solve partner problems directly or efficiently, must be able to identify technical expertise needed to solve the problems.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent technical experience.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC'S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.