At Edelman Financial Engines, we believe everyone deserves to move their financial life forward, and we’re growing our team so we can help more clients every day!
As the Enterprise Solutions/DevOps Engineer on the Product Release Engineering team, you’ll play a highly influential role with a particular focus on the continuous integration and continuous deployment lifecycle including related tools, designs and infrastructure. The Product Release Engineering team serves as a foundation for all Product application infrastructure design, deployments and tools of Edelman Financial Engines enterprise product systems.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for DevOps principles and the software development lifecycle to help us craft the next generation of our software delivery experience. If you are a hardworking developer advocate, cloud native designer and high energy, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Architect Enterprise DevOps tools ecosystem — plan, code management, test management, security analysis, and deployment – based on Industry standard SDLC policies.
- Provide experienced solutions consulting to application development teams looking to use DevOps and guide them on application development standard methodologies, including micro services design and containerization.
- Provide thought leadership to Product & Technology organization in areas of infrastructure automation. Increase process automation maturity through DevOps standard methodologies in Infrastructure as Code platform design, process automations, and other use cases.
- Lead test automation center of excellence, providing design and consulting services for functional test design and execution, secure static code testing, and sophisticated application security testing.
- Lead hosting of site including Linux administration, zero downtime software deployments and meeting security and compliance requirements. Participation in on-call rotation to support critical infrastructure and systems.
- 5+ years leading DevOps, CI/CD or developer efficiency tools initiatives
- AWS DevOps, Developer or Architect level experience building on Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, VPC)
- Experience programming in Java, Groovy, Python
- Excellent understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) patterns and implementation
- Experience with deployment and configuration management automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Gradle, Jenkins
- Experience crafting and implementing Kubernetes deployments using AWS EKS
- Strong architecture and design skills demonstrating creativity and problem solving with proven track record to innovate using new or existing technology driving positive impact on company efficiency
- Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) in an environment with flexible work, 24/7 availability, and on-call rotation
- B.S. in Computer Science related field or 10+ years working on an operations team or consulting
- Interacts well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external partners
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, as recognized by Barron’s1, with 150+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.2 million clients to manage more than $260 billion in assets2. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated personal financial planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
For more information, visit www.EdelmanFinancialEngines.com
© 2021 Edelman Financial Engines, LLC. Edelman Financial Engines® is a registered trademark of Edelman Financial Engines, LLC. All advisory services offered through Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA), a federally registered investment advisor. Results are not guaranteed.
For California residents, please see the link for the Privacy Notice for Candidates. California law requires that we provide you this notice about the collection and use of your personal information. Please read it carefully and reach out to Jill O’Connell (857-305-8555 or [email protected]) with any questions.
Edelman Financial Engines encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital, domestic partner, or civil union status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic heritage, genetic information, age, legally recognized disability, military service or veteran status.
1 The 2020 America’s Best RIA Firms Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, technology spending, staff diversity, succession planning, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisors and firms. Firms elect to participate but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor experience and returns are not considered.
2 Data as of 12/31/20.