Technical Product Owner II
Monday, July 19, 2021
AvidXchange is the industry leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses. Founded in the year 2000, AvidXchange processes over $140 billion transactions annually across its network of more than 600,000 suppliers, transforming the way 6,000 customers in North America pay their bills. AvidXchange is distinguished as a global fintech unicorn and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the U.S. with 1,400 employees supporting customers across seven office locations. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game”, “Passion about Customer Success”, “Win as a Team”, “Play to our Strengths”, and “Have a Blast”. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Come join the team!
As a Technical Product Owner II (Platform / DevOps focus), you will be the driving force of technical product execution, guiding your teams through clear vision, roadmaps, user personas, user scenarios, feature, and user story writing. You will be working daily with users, stakeholders, and engineers within an Agile SCRUM environment to solve key friction points to enable and accelerate Avid engineers and in turn, the business. You will utilize excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong relationship-building skills, ability to think strategically and analytically, and a passion for emerging technologies.
- Own the delivery of the Technical capabilities roadmap in the DevOps transformation at AvidXchange.
- Form relationships, collaborate, and learn from stakeholders about their friction points related to existing products as well as gaps in existing offerings.
- Based on the changing technological needs and feedback from stakeholders, collaborate with technical leads and architects to develop a vision for new offerings or improvements to existing capabilities.
- Continuously build and prioritize the product backlog based on the dynamic landscape of stakeholder friction points.
- Clearly articulate needs of the stakeholders in building out the product vision to the technical capabilities space.
- Drive the team to deliver on user stories that represent valuable features and solutions for stakeholders.
- Communicate with stakeholders to demonstrate, educate, and evangelize for value delivered by the product.
- Continuously take feedback and incorporate it into feature backlog, roadmap, and vision iterations.
- Measure the success of your vision, roadmap, and backlog in terms of the value provided and iteratively review these measurements.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Required Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- 2-3+ years of demonstrated product management experience.
- Good technical understanding to navigate technical discussions and translate stakeholder needs into a solid vision, roadmap, and backlog. While this is not a coding job you must be able to effectively communicate with developers as they are an important stakeholder.
- Understanding of Infrastructure Delivery process, CI/CD, DevOps / Platform Engineering
- Must be intellectually curious and detail oriented to analyze and synthesize data across multiple stakeholders with multiple perspectives as input to sound decision making.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal and manage demanding timelines.
- An understanding of agile product methodologies and how to apply them to real world situations
Preferred Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- Experience working on technical products or platforms to enable or accelerate development organizations.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or equivalent
- Previous application development or system engineering experience
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or Business Administration or equivalent related experience.
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family
- Job Function
Technical Product Management
- Pay Type
- Employment Indicator