This position is remote, and can be located anywhere in the United States.
This Business Development Lead will be responsible for consistently driving complex, mulit site Enterprise program development to achieve order and revenue goals for the Connected Services Business suite of offerings assigned territory. This includes, but is not limited to selling Industrial Networking and Data Center Infrastructure Systems, Compute Assessments, Designs, Implementations, Cyber Security offerings (Risk assessments, iDMZ’s, Continuous Threat Detection and End Point Protection) and associated Comprehensive Managed Services.
The role requires a proven track record of leading and executing complex sales pursuits as well as client based executive level engagement/consulting. This individual must demonstrate collaboration and cross functional leadership skills, as their responsibilities will also include working with sales territories, sales management, business unit domain experts, and strategic partners to Rockwell Automation. Global, Regional and local collaboration, project coordination, market access and strategy planning will be needed as required.
- Responsible for business development of Rockwell Automation offerings focused on networking, security, remote monitoring, application support and virtualization hardware and services.
- Understanding of product line business centered on Networking, Security and Virtualization to differentiate, develop, lead and close opportunities across all vertical sectors.
- Consistent engagement of customer Leadership/Executive Management in discovery and pursuits.
- Consistently identifies and articulates customer value and provides ROI / justification for proposed solutions.
- Seen as a leader in the business and a peer to RA Enterprise Account Managers. Able to leverage that position to drive accelerated growth results including the development of business.
- History of leading successful pursuits, with $5M+ of new contracts won. Actively seeks engagement with Enterprise level, multi-site, and global pursuits.
- Delivers long-term business growth (3+ years) through enterprise/multi-site, complex, bundled pursuits representing millions of dollars of recurring revenue
- Communication & collaboration with Rockwell Automation Product Business Units, Global Sales teams and key strategic partners is essential to disseminate the Consulting strategy and align company product road maps along with sales and marketing strategies & tactics.
- Leadership to drive accelerated growth results including the development of opportunities and participation to assist the sales force following the Disciplined Sales Process in identifying and meeting requirements.
- Collect, analyze and communicate market data including competitive information, trends, key wins/losses and service development needs to the BU product management teams.
- Work cross-functionally with Technical resources and Application Consultants to develop the Scope of Supply and Bill of Materials for proposals.
- Achieve assigned targets in terms of business revenue and management objectives.
Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Information Technology, or Computer Science
Software Industry Experience
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Rockwell Automation will not offer sponsorship for this position
Minimum of 8 years of proven sales experience in consultative sales, track record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales goals.
Develop technical value propositions and demonstrating business and financial acumen, quantifying return on investment, Capital planning, Operational Budget management
Minimum of 8 years or more of Automation, Engineering Services or Manufacturing industry experience required.
Capable in leading and facilitating win strategy processes
Proven experience and demonstrated track record in developing account penetration, executive level selling, client based strategy creation, and execution of existing frameworks in place
Preferred - Expertise / certification in Cyber Security standards, such as ISO 27001, IEC 62443.
Must have strong communication & collaboration skills in order to work with Rockwell Automation Product Business Units, Solutions and Services Delivery Teams, Global Sales teams, Sales Leadership, and Key strategic partners.
Demonstrates vendor/partner relationship management, collaborative selling (e.g. Cisco Systems, Panduit, Claroty VMware, Juniper, Bluecoat, CheckPoint, Symantec) including influencing and developing strategic partnerships.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.