Managers thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for a Surgery Center Administrator for our Surgicenter of Kansas City team where excellence creates excellence.
We are committed to providing our executives the support they need. At Surgicenter of Kansas City, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply for our Surgery Center Administrator role today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
n your role as Surgery Center Administrator, you will create an environment that builds and maintains the center's reputation as the surgery center of choice in your area. Core ways you will influence the reputation is by leading business development efforts, maintaining a high standard of service to physicians and patients, and ensuring your center has exceptional clinical practice standards. You will also be a key member of a team of like-minded peer Administrators that collaborate with one another sharing ideas and best practices. By combining your team’s resources with those from your physician equity partners, HCA market hospitals, and corporate support teams allow us to continue to set the standard for Ambulatory Surgery together.
What you will do in this role:
- Drive industry leading patient satisfaction, physician satisfaction, and employee engagement results for your operation
- Lead presentations to and maintain strong partnerships with your center’s Governing Body, Medical Director, overlap hospitals, and your team
- Lead business development for your center through continually developing your network, market knowledge, and relationship with your business development representative
- Lead feasibility research for adding service lines and optimizing case mix
- Leverage your best in class internal corporate support teams in areas such as recruitment, partnership management, legal, business development, risk management, patient safety, human resources, accounting, financial reporting, etc
- Partner with your Business Office to institute budget controls, monitor accounts receivables and payables, prepare, and project annual budgets
- Ensure that your facility meets all related local, state, federal, and accrediting-body rules and regulations
- Effectively manage your controllable costs such as labor and expenses
- Negotiate and execute favorable center contracts while leveraging your GPO
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Nursing or related field
- Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement
- Minimum (3) years direct experience or related experience
- Experience in outpatient healthcare operations or similar service environments preferred
Surgicenter of Kansas City has a respected reputation as a provider of ambulatory surgical care in the Midwest. Founded in 1978, it was the first freestanding ambulatory outpatient surgery center licensed in the state of Missouri. Today, we offer a state of the art facility and the newest technologies. Performing around 350 cases a month. Our specialties include orthopedics, urology, ophthalmology and general surgery. We are AAAHC accredited. Top revenue producing surgery center for HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as a(an) Surgery Center Administrator. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.