Workforce Systems, within the Division of Human Resources (HR), is seeking a full-time Business Analyst, Senior to participate in the analysis, design, testing, and implementation of business process and technology solutions. The Business Analyst, Senior provides functional and technical support for the core Human Resources module of the Human Capital Management System. The Business Analyst, Senior collaborates with process owners, developers and stakeholders to gather requirements and designs solutions that meet identified business needs.
If you are a detail-oriented and analytical “systems” thinker who can make critical decisions, exercise good judgment, and maintain good client relations, we want to talk with you. If you enjoy working with creative professionals in a supportive work environment that fosters independence, innovative thinking, and lifelong learning, you’ll want to talk with us. Candidates who have worked in a human resources or higher education business environment and have an information technology background are highly desired. The successful candidate will also possess excellent organizational, technical, and communication skills.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
- Responsible for creating queries and performs data analysis to identify, measure and document system outputs.
- Design integration solutions and data models that satisfy the functional and technical requirements.
- Testing integrations after activation to ensure functionality.
- Troubleshoot issues, identify root causes, resolve bugs and errors.
- Provides PeopleSoft HCM production support and assists with navigation and general system usability.
- Coordinates and schedules pilot testing and feedback sessions.
- Prepares fit-gap analyses, functional specifications, designs prototypes, test plans or scripts and performs user acceptance testing for implementation of system modifications and upgrades.
- Participates in aspects of project management, including requirement gathering and scope definition.
- Works with cross-functional teams to determine feasible solutions for complex business process or system issues.
- Assists Project Leads with the development of project documentation. Prepares and maintains internal procedures and internal/external operational guides.
- Showcase exceptional critical thinking skills, specifically with the ability to identify and understand a broad spectrum of risk issues and their applicability to the business processes evaluated, develop relevant and meaningful testing approaches, and clearly articulate opportunities for enhancement to the business group's approach to risk management.
- Conducts operational audits and analyzes data to evaluate effectiveness and promote system enhancements. Prepares reports summarizing findings, alternatives and recommendations.
- Acts as a liaison between Human Resources, University technology teams, other administrative departments and vendors to analyze procedures and processes, and identify, define and document opportunities for improvement.
- Monitors the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and assesses compliance with “best practices,” defined standards, and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Documents current and future workflows, utilizing process flow diagrams, entity- relationship diagrams and flow charts.
- Take on new challenges and learn new techniques quickly when needed
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Use SQL or other query tools to perform analysis.
- Demonstrated experience performing business analyst functions, such as soliciting requirements, writing functional design specifications, developing test scripts, and implementing solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Evaluate and interpret functional user information requirements
- Knowledge of forms design and procedures development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Practical experience managing multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to continuous changes.
To be considered at the level of Business Analyst, Sr:
Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or related field AND three years of experience in procedural, management or business analysis work; OR, seven years of experience in procedural, management or business analysis work; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Working experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.2.
- Human Resources policies and procedures, including state and federal regulations as they apply to E-Verify, USCIS Form I-9 and International hires.
- Direct work experience with Human Resources, information technology, or higher education business office.