The Strategic Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important large TODCO accounts. The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. Responsible for market penetration within the assigned accounts, including product mix, margin and new product management. Responsible for establishing and maintaining strong business relations with OEM customers, leasing and end-users.
*Position Location: *
This position will be responsible for accounts/customers/end users East of the Mississippi; there are no relocation dollars available.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts. ·
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations. ·
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Service existing strategic customers while developing a new customer base.
- Act as a problem solver who does what needs to be done to help customers improve and grow their business.
- Responsible for prospecting and cold calling, maintaining consistent customer contact and communication along with aggressive follow up to achieve targeted growth.
- Communicate new business opportunities and market intelligence to the company.
- Attends Various Trade Shows representing TODCO in a professional manner.
- Travel 75% of time: (3) three plus weeks per month, (4) four plus nights per week on the road.
- Reports to the Director of Sales.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to demonstrate our brand to both small and large groups with marketing tools and manuals.
- An enthusiastic, energetic individual with a commanding presence and strong customer relationship building skills.
- Must have strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- A goal oriented individual who is able to think creatively and demonstrates consistent achievement.
- Must be a self-motivated professional with the ability to engage, possessing excellent selling skills.
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills; responsible time management and timely reporting required.
- Must possess computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. A versatile individual with the ability to handle multiple cultures, as well as strong problem solving skills and the ability to break down walls.
- Aggressive, not afraid to fail or make mistakes.
- A strategic sales professional with the ability to sell to the end user. Experience with consultative selling.
- Can see beyond traditional sales channels.
- Must be results oriented.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations