When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Program Manager will partner with Engineering, QA, Product, Customer Support, Customer Success, Marketing and Sales to ensure the timely and successful completion of strategic projects. We're looking for people who enjoy diving deep into the technology with a proven track record of delivering complex, cross-functional projects under demanding timelines. This is a hands-on position where you will drive execution strategy for our Client Experience chapter and includes the design and delivery of new processes and tooling to plan and deliver with precision and quality.
- Define and drive new project planning processes and schedules to meet the Client Experience chapter’s and larger company’s business goals.
- Coordinate cross-functional squads’ with dependencies across Engineering, QA, Operations, Product, Customer Support and Customer Success to execute in step with precision and quality.
- Identify risks throughout Software Development Lifecycle (SLDC) and develop mitigation plans accordingly.
- Own relationships with the various stakeholders to understand gates and risks, and drive successful execution.
- Work diligently with Sourcing, Security, Legal and Compliance stakeholders at BlueJeans and parent VZ team to ensure program execution remains unblocked.
- Own communication of program status at executive level.
- Create (preferably automate)reports and metrics that accurately summarize complex projects.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of program management experience with focus on software development.
- Deep knowledge and field experience in Agile and sprint planning methodologies.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Strong scope management and project reporting skills.
- Highly organized with an eye for detail.
- Skilled at working with a variety of stakeholders, including engineering, product management, marketing, customer support, sales and senior management.
- Technical program management experience: tracking dates and requirements in a complex environment involving multiple products, platforms and technologies.
- PMP qualification.
- Extensive experience with Jira and Confluence.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with cross-functional teams and drive action.
- Experience working on enterprise SaaS products (video or unified communications experience is preferred).
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.