With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation’s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. As one of the 10 largest insurance brokerage firms in the U.S., Alliant operates through a national network of offices providing property and casualty, workers’ compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to clients nationwide.
More information is available on the company's web site at: www.alliant.com.
Responsible for delivering benefit administration services to clients who have outsourced all or part of their benefits administration. Key functions include client account management, resolving client employee issues, client account auditing, coordinating compliance with key regulatory provisions including COBRA, HIPAA and Section 125 discrimination testing, and Open Enrollment management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages health and welfare benefit plans for multiple clients;
- Administers medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, and life and disability plans for both active and COBRA participants;
- Manages Employee Self-Service module;
- Coordinates transfer of election data to providers;
- Handles employee calls and assists employees with benefits-related questions;
- Counsels employees on benefit issues, procedures and requirements;
- Provides support and communication to employer or HR representatives;
- Administers premium reporting and payroll deduction reporting;
- Coordinates compliance with key regulatory provisions, including COBRA and HIPAA;
- Coordinates and distributes employee communication materials;
- Complies with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information);
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience
3+ years of experience in Benefits with employer, insurer or TPA
Knowledge of benefit enrollment platforms (i.e. BeneTrac, ADP), COBRA, and eligibility
CEBS certification a plus
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
Strong systems knowledge or ability to learn/troubleshoot new systems easily
Intermediate to advanced computer skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office products
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees’ needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
For immediate consideration for this position, please click on the “Submit Resume” button.
Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you are applying for a job and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call our Career Center at 1-877-901-9473 and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.