Title: Design Engineering Consultant
Reports To: Branch Sales Manager
Overtime Status: Exempt
Responsible for providing an overall consultant/sales engineering approach to Design Engineering firms and Architectural firms on behalf of Hobbs & Associates to support overall company operations, the
Branch Sales Manager, Executive staff, and our valued clients.
- Influence project designs & specifications and drawings in order to obtain the Basis of Design (BOD), or a better advantage of being awarded the project on Bid Day with participating contractors.
- Proficient in industry wide and manufacture specific software to be better able to assist Design
- Log & Follow Basis of Design projects in process within BOD tracking system for various manufacturers.
- Communicate effectively with other team members concerning the project design process.
- Assist with communication to Design Engineers regarding forecasted shipping updates and how they could possibly affect project timelines.
- Forward written technical Specifications & Product Warranty documents to Design Engineers.
- Communicate the status of projects to management and any Engineering layout concerns for resolution as required.
- Manage the receipt of Installation, Operation and Maintenance manuals (IOM) and distribute to our internal Project Managers as required.
- Assist with the Distribution to and approved receipt back of Engineering Submittals from Design firms.
- Perform general administrative functions to support the Design Engineering process with our Design
- Maintain open and timely communication lines with all applicable Hobbs & Associates team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. college degree required
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Windows XP/Vista/2000, Adobe
- Premier, Internet and email
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and respond to rapidly changing priorities in a multi-faced and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work positively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to readily interact in a multi-cultural and diverse environment
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Present a professional and positive demeanor
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule in a developing environment
- Possess an attention to detail
- Ability to handle stressful situations with poise and professionalism
- Ability to accept constructive feedback positively
- Ability to respond to difficult situations tactfully and responsibly
- Exhibits a positive outlook toward learning new “on the job” skills and concepts
- Design Engineering firms & Hobbs’ office environment.
- Some travel to our Partners/Manufacturers for more in-depth training is required.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. The employer reserves the right to modify this job description including by adding, removing, and altering job duties.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Commission pay
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Norfolk, VA 23502: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- One location