Are you an experienced software engineer looking for an opportunity to "move fast and fix things" at a high-growth startup? Does the challenge of building platforms and abstractions for the on-demand "skills economy" excite you? Wyndy is looking for talented full-stack engineers to help us build and scale multiple marketplace platforms and products - including our original mobile app, Wyndy (https://www.wyndy.com/), and our new Eve marketplace platform, which is currently powering the Alysyn (https://www.getalysyn.com/) brand. This is no small undertaking, and you'll need to be up to the challenge of creating interfaces and abstractions that power brand-agnostic, multi-tenant architectures across the web and mobile while interfacing with a variety of third-party systems and APIs.
Wyndy began as a mobile app that makes it simple for parents to find, book, and pay vetted, background-checked college babysitters. We're now in over 20 markets and looking to go deeper in our existing markets and expand to more markets across the U.S. But we've always known that our technology and approach could serve a variety of industries. We've now expanded our product line to include Alysyn, an on-demand marketplace connecting dental practices to dental professionals for short-term work. We're looking for team members to help us scale Wyndy and Alysyn as well as identify additional opportunities in the "skills economy".
Who You Are
- Experienced - You have at least 5 years of software engineering experience, with at least 2 years of experience working with Ruby on Rails experience and React.
- Collaborative - You'll need to be comfortable working with team members from all facets of the business - from engineering and product to marketing and customer success - to continuously deliver value.
- Agile - We're big believers in the principles laid out in the Manifesto for Agile Software Development (https://agilemanifesto.org/) and use Scrum as a framework for delivering consistent, iterative results.
- Platform-minded - you can approach problems with a "platform mindset" and are comfortable working with concepts such as white-labelling, multi-tenancy, feature flagging, and multi-sided marketplaces.
- Detail-oriented - You have a strong understanding of and experience applying a variety of software design patterns to write organized, dynamic code that clearly communicates intent to other collaborators.
- Iterative - You understand that your first effort is not always your best effort. You regularly revisit features, bugfixes, technical debt, and performance bottlenecks to find opportunities to optimize and improve the platform.
- Communicative - As a remote-first organization, we believe that communication is of utmost importance to our success. Whether writing a bug report or presenting a new feature, you should be able to communicate your ideas in a clear, concise fashion.
What You'll Do
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you'll be responsible for delivering features, bugfixes, and improvements across the platform stack.
- Collaborate - You'll collaborate with team members to help identify, research, and prioritize areas of improvement across the platform.
- Commit - After working with the team to establish priorities, you'll commit to the work to be done and hold yourself accountable to those commitments.
- Deliver - You'll regularly ship value by way of features, bugfixes, and other improvments; share your results with the team; and surface any blockers and/or wins along the way.
- Understand - As you deliver value, you'll seek feedback from team members in a variety of methods including code review, automated and manual QA, and sprint reviews to name a few.
- Assess - Using feedback from the team and our customers, you'll help to assess ways to improve our products as well as our processes moving forward.
Tools We Use
While we've relied on quite a few frameworks, libraries, and APIs to get ourselves to this point, we're always exploring new ideas, strategies, and patterns to improve. That being said, we're looking for someone that is excited and capable to "hit the ground running" with our current stack:
- Ruby on Rails - You'll need to be incredibly comfortable working with complex Ruby on Rails codebases.
- React - We use React for much of our web front-end, as well as React Native for mobile. You should have a strong understanding of React concepts and be be able to build out intuitive user interfaces with it.
- Heroku - As a small team, we prefer to "outsource" as much of our operational overhead as possible, so that we can focus on the work of building our products.
- Twilio, Sendgrid, and OneSignal - Our platforms are highly transactional and asynchronous by nature, and, as such, you should be comfortable integrating with a variety of messaging APIs.
- Stripe - We've processed millions of dollars in transactions on our platforms - you'll need to be experienced working with payment processing APIs.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision)
- Flexible paid time off / vacation
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Wyndy is an “office-optional” employer, meaning we welcome remote applicants from across the United States.