Blucora has a bold aspiration: we are committed to giving all people the tools needed to lead healthy financial lives - tools often reserved for the wealthy.
We now turn to the next leg, developing the technological tools that make our vision of financial health for all a reality. Atypical for the financial services industry, we take a contemporary approach to strategy and product development that is founded in user insights, rapid testing and a singular focus on driving end-user value.
Since charting new territory on a daily basis is part of everyone's job at Blucora, we've attracted team members who thrive on the challenge, encourage each other, and are passionately committed to the goal. If you agree that problem- solving is a team sport, and feel energized by a good debate, deep dive research, or a fun night out with colleagues, we might be the right firm for you!
Primary responsibilities include coordinating Scrum activities by removing project impediments, supporting and educating Product Owners on managing product backlogs, and facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution. The ideal candidate has worked in a large/complex Agile implementation involving multiple offshore teams and has a basic working knowledge of cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS).
Essential Duties Responsibilities
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coaches multiple highly technical complex teams and supports cross-team integration and release planning.
- Coaches Product and Tech leaders on Epic (Feature) creation and conduct Feature/Story mapping sessions.
- Coaches multiple Scrum teams on adopting best practices including techniques for proper user stories maintaining a healthy backlog.
- Facilitates sprint events and coaches teams on preparation and timeboxing of the sprint events.
- Protects the team from outside interference and helping to remove impediments.
- Actively participates in the Scrum of Scrums and release management to ensure input from teams is factored in and feedback reaches back to the teams.
- Coordinates with Product Owners/stakeholders and other Scrum Masters/teams to track dependencies and impediments and help remove them.
- Manages distributed Agile teams (onshore/offshore) and provides feedback to team members supporting continuous learning and a growth-oriented organization.
- Manages relationships with stakeholders, clients, and partners to ensure a constant and repeatable feedback loop during development.
- Effectively utilizes retrospectives and metrics to identify process improvements items and ensure proper follow-up within sprints to deliver high-quality work.
- Mentors other Scrum Masters and drive behavioral and technical improvements in DevOps.
- Facilitates onboarding of new team members ensuring they are set up correctly with the right tools and environment access.
- Serves as primary contact to project managers and program managers for initiative estimation, planning, and execution for the assigned team(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field required.
- 8 years of relevant technical experience in an Agile environment with a minimum of (5) years as a full-time Scrum Master.
- Scrum Master and Kanban certification required.
- Agile coach certifications are required.
- Experience with Agile/DevOps/Quality practices (hypothesis-driven development, test automation, TDD, BDD, FDD, ATDD, etc.).
- Experience in continuous integration and deployment (CI, CD) processes and tools.
Physical Demand & Work Effort
- Keying/typing, standing, walking.
- Sitting for an extended period.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during the normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
At Blucora, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, Blucora welcomes and celebrates diversity and inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At Blucora, you can expect a supportive, open and inclusive atmosphere and a team that values your contributions.
Blucora, Inc. and its subsidiaries, Avantax Wealth Management, Avantax Planning Partners (formerly HK Financial Services), and TaxAct are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other status protected under federal or state law. Blucora, considers information gathered in the hiring process, including information on this application, confidential, and only shares it on a need-to know basis or as required by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or by calling 972-870-6000 to speak with a member of the HR Talent Acquisition team.
Job Type: Full-time