TITLE: Software Business Analyst
LOCATION: Gwinnett County, GA
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
Our client a Top Places to work winner for the past 3 years is seeking a Business Analyst to join their team. This role will be responsible for managing customer relationships and designing new or modified functionality for hospitality web-based software projects. The Business Analyst will possess significant subject matter expertise pertaining to our software and will apply a methodical approach in identifying internal and external customer needs, developing optimal business solutions, eliciting and prioritizing business requirements, and translating business requirements into functional and technical specifications.
- Works independently to elicit and document business and functional requirements, based on project scope defined by Project Manager and stakeholders
- Subject matter expertise pertaining to proprietary software used to analyze business functionality and identify solutions to meet or exceed the requirements
- Interviews customers, analyzes operations, determines project scope, develops technical requirement specifications for the Development Teams, documents and verifies results.
- Owns requirements across the SDLC and production
- Develops problem solutions by describing operational issues/requirements, studying system capabilities, analyzing alternative solutions and preparing detailed system specifications
- Prepares documentation for the Support resources on new functionality and supporting material for analysis of customer issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Collaborates with all members of product life cycle including QA, Development, Support, Training, and others
- 5 or more years of experience producing Functional Specifications or Business Requirements Documentation for software and hardware implementations; or 5 or more years of experience as a Subject Matter Expert of proprietary software; or an equivalent combination of both.
- Bachelors Degree with a preferred major in IT, MIS or Computer Science or Business. Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both client facing and internal stakeholders
- Prefer experience working with integrations between software packages to ensure data is transferred accurately, smoothly and timely
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, spreadsheets and presentation software (MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, TFS)
- CBAP, CCBA and/or Six Sigma certification strongly preferred
- Proven experience organizing and facilitating customer input sessions
- Experience documenting Business Process Flow Diagrams
- Accounting and/or Hotel experience