Responsible for creating, reviewing, and/or editing, SOPs, work instructions, templates/forms etc. to provide clear and correct guidance for safe processes and procedures
Essential Functions of the Job:
- SOP Writer will be responsible for executing activities related to procedural document development as well as training development and deployment within industry Compliance.
- This includes but is not limited to: review of regulatory requirements, quality facilitation of procedural document work groups, authoring, reviewing, editing and quality control of documents, identification and assignment of training in the Learning Management system, and training development and implementation.
- Interviews subject matter experts, observes work processes, and communicates with business leaders and staff to research and analyze information required for the development or update of policy, procedure and forms documentation.
- The Consultant SOP Writer must have strong time management and project management skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail to lead content experts through the development of multiple Procedural Documents.
- Recommend procedures and guidelines to improve productivity and the service level of the department.
- Work as part of a team and help execute both departmental and company goals.
- Follow company and departmental directives regarding policies and procedures.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Maintains cohesive working relationships with all levels of management, line of business personnel, and team to effectively interface on all projects and deliverables. Travel to other facilities to perform on-site functional policies and procedures analysis for documentation development purposes, as needed.
- Respond to incoming emails and correspondence in a prompt and courteous manner.
Required: High school graduate or equivalent.
Training: Provided on site.
Ability to communicate effectively, professionally and courteously, work independently with minimal supervision. Attention to detail. Requires knowledge of operations, working with the terminals, office practices, recordkeeping, and reporting systems; business correspondence techniques and English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation; records management and file maintenance. Responsible for creating, reviewing, and/or editing, SOPs, work instructions, templates/forms etc. to provide clear and correct guidance for safe processes and procedures. Use Microsoft Word and Excel for editing and/or creating documents demonstrating proficiency with templates and custom formats Skills required include proficiency in MS Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, CS Database and the company’s TMS system, CLI/FACTS and Profit Tools.
Ability to use standard office equipment including telephones, calculators, copiers and facsimile equipment; ability to type at the net rate of 45 words per minute using a computer keyboard; ability to be courteous and professional; to accept constructive criticism; ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; to maintain the confidentiality of data; collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure; prioritize, organize, and complete tasks independently; communicate effectively and work cooperatively with customers, management, other employees, contractors, vendors, and public and private representatives. Have proven ability to prioritize and organize, be professional and flexible with changing situations, a highly self-motivated individual and an enthusiastic team player.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
This position is a combination of an office and warehouse environments. Employees are exposed to moderate noise levels, with occasional loud noises, such as honking of horns, and may have exposure to fumes, (such as from forklift equipment and vehicles), and may have some exposure to hazardous physical substances. While performing the duties of this job, a clear speaking voice is necessary and finger dexterity is needed to access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, and to prepare, assemble, and retrieve documents and materials. The position regularly walks, stands, bends, stoops, reaches, pushes and pulls, lifts and carries materials that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
Must present professional appearance in dress and demeanor.
Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- SOP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: One location