Major is a global leading manufacturer of high-performance wire screening media renowned for its Flex-Mat High Vibration Wire Screen. It seeks for the region of the (Northeast) United States, an experienced technical sales representative with advanced knowledge of the crushing and screening process in the mineral industry.
The Territory Manager is responsible for the sales development within its assigned territory through sales and technical support to Major’s dealers as well as some direct sales representation to end-users or OEM house accounts. He supports corporate market initiatives, promotes Major’s market approach and acts as an ambassador for Major’s brands.
- Supports dealer sales representatives by providing them Major’s technical and sales training program, field-coaching and technical and sales assistance.
- Identifies key accounts in his territory and leads their sales development with the Dealer.
- Supports its dealers in their representation and negotiation with their main accounts to establish a 3-way Partnership Agreements.
- Conducts periodic monitoring and evaluation of the sales performance of dealers’ sales representatives and provides feedback based on performance and, if necessary, implements the required corrective measures.
- Ensures that its dealers know and apply Major’s business procedures such as quoting, ordering, shipping, pricing, payment terms and non-conformity claims, and intervenes in case of default.
- Supports its dealers with sales and technical representation in promotional events that they might conduct such as local trade shows and Seminars.
- Support Major in the management of non-compliance requests and manage corrective measures.
- Meets with prospective customers, makes proper representation and conducts activities and tasks related to Major market approach such as site visits, training, presentations, screening performance assessments, technical assistance, proposals and agreements.
- Assumes local promotion effort through various means such as calls, seminars and representations to trade associations.
- Acts as a sale representative in National trade shows if required (even outside its territory).
- Identifies targeted customers in its territory and gather relevant information (people, decision making, size, current competitive product used, etc.).
- Gathers and provides data on the competition within its territory (pricing, product profile/samples, marketing collaterals).
- Performs other related duties as required by his immediate superior.
- 10 years in technical and industrial sales.
- Excellent knowledge of crushing and screening.
- Customer oriented and strong people skills.
- Excellent negotiator and business acumen.
- Good planning and organizational capabilities.
- Field experience and problem solving/trouble aptitudes.
- Strong computer skills in Business software's (CRM experience a plus).
- Must live within the designated territory.
- Must fluently speak English.
- Availability for frequent travel ( > 75% of time).
- B.A.A., but B. Sc. In Mining Engineering preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Technical and Industrial sales: 10 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations