We are seeking an accountant who will assist the COO in all aspects of the financial activities for running a small business. As the company expands, you will analyze the issues and implement solutions spontaneously. You will eventually become a controller and will plan, develop, and implement financial and accounting systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounting, revenue operations, AP, AR, equity accounting, and procurement.
- Manage accounting software, Airbase and QuickBooks
- Manage AP & AR, POs, expense reports, and fixed assets.
- Manage sales and use tax matters.
- Manage vendor accounts.
- Manage resale certificates.
- Manage the account on CDTFA.
- Bookkeeping and monthly reconciliation on QuickBooks.
- Create monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Communicate with our investors and provide the financial statements.
- Oversee the development budget and report to COO/CTO/VP.
- Maintain Solid knowledge of GAAP and regulations.
- Recommend required accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the company’s finances.
- Work with a CPA for on time corporate tax filing and extensions.
- File business property statement (571-L) annually.
- Create a trade reference list.
- 401k management
You must have:
- 5+ years of experience.
- BA in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- A strong work ethic, a sense of teamwork, and a high degree of precision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
An ability to be able to identify areas for improvement, do your own research, and solve problems.
Job Type: Full-time