Senior Account Representative is a hybrid position that is responsible for maintaining a growing a smaller book of business. This position provides a high level of support at direction of Account Executive and Producer along with direct customer service to clients. Duties include working with Producer to design proper insurance/risk management services for clients along with customer service in coordination with other agency personnel. The Senior Account Representative has product knowledge and is familiar with products offered by carriers. The Senior Account Representative assists in production and renewal accounts, paralleling, agency and individual Producer goals and can assist clients with service needs and making changes to existing accounts. In addition, this position is responsible for administrative support for Account Executives and Senior Account Executives.Responsibilities:
- Servicing, which includes employee meetings, claims processing, set up for benefits admin.
- Provides technical support.
- Participates in direct meetings with clients where needed.
- Designs insurance and risk management plans as assigned/directed by Producer or Account Executive.
- Guides clients through the renewal process, which may include requesting renewal exposures, submitting requests to carriers based on renewal timetable.
- Processes change requests and other items that may be required.
- Assists in the development of strong business relationships with insurance company personnel to enhance business relationships.
- Meets directly with clients in conjunction with other team members. Has the ability to negotiate lines of insurance with carrier and sales to clients.
- Works with Producer and Account Executive to write new business accounts.
- Capability to market accounts to insurance carriers and wholesalers as needed.
- Assists in the development of strong personal relationships with appropriate insurance carrier personnel and assists agency in developing carrier relationships.
- Directs technical personnel including Account Representatives and other analysts in order to meeting essential duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures accuracy of account information for both new and renewal policies, endorsements and audits.
- Reviews insurance and indemnification parts of contracts.
- Maintains follow up and suspense on outstanding correspondence, reports, renewal expirations and follows up promptly.
- Participates in continuing professional development.
- Schedules monthly or quarterly stewardship meetings. Creates agenda of discussion points to continue to educate clients.
- Manages Account Representative and/or Account Coordinators in the department as required. Is responsible for the overall direction and coordination of this unit’s book of business in coordination with the AE and Producer. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Agency's policies and applicable laws. Providing performance feedback for team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- 7 years Account Manager experience. Including some supervisory responsibilities.