Job Ad Description: Accounts Receivable Accounts Payable Senior Coordinator/Specialist, International Export Company
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Accounts Payable Senior Coordinator/Specialist
American Trading International, Inc (ATI) is currently seeking an experienced AP/AR Senior Coordinator/Specialist to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI is a 25+ year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products, both branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a new position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 60+ employee / $80+ million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 30 languages. We now also operate on SAP. Please feel free to visit our web site at: www.american-trading.com to learn more about us and this exciting opportunity.
This position is responsible for supporting the overall operations of the organization’s financial and accounting processes, which include both accounts receivable and accounts payable. This includes ensuring the validity of a receivable or payable through working with cross functional team members as well as external partners to verify that incoming receipts and outgoing payments are timely, accurate, and within corporate guidelines and SOPs.
To support AR, the Senior Coordinator will communicate with customers to ensure timely payment of invoices. They will also be responsible for credits, short payments, manual invoices and communicating effectively with the internal stakeholders as well as supporting with new customer set up and existing customer maintenance. To support AP, the Senior Coordinator will be responsible for entering vendor invoices as well as payment processing and will be involved in resolving differences found in vendor statements. In this role, you will also help to identify and analyze workflow issues as well as recommend or implement measures for process improvements.
Daily responsibility for completion/compliance for all cash transactions and overall cash management, including processing, verifying, and reconciling all AR transactions against internal accounting and bank records
- Prepares period-end AR G/L reconciliation and aging reports and resolves past due issues
- Assists in monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
- Provides accounting assistance to sales and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Participating in day-to-day accounting functions including cash application, response to customer and sales representative inquiries
- Coordinate with sales and logistics departments to ship orders consistent with term limits and department policies
- Troubleshoot and problem solve issues including invoicing, product, chargebacks, or system issues and order discrepancy
- Follows the collections process (dunning) and monitors customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities
- Monitor check and wire payments received from customers and timely apply against open accounts receivable balances
- Gathers payment backup details from banks and/or customers
- Communicate with customers regarding invoices, credit memos, statements and other invoicing questions
- Work closely with Sales team to resolve customer disputes
- Evaluates and sets up new customer accounts as well as maintain current accounts
- Works with the finance team on ad hoc requests
- Reconciles bank statements
- Obtains trade references
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems, procedures, and policies for accounting functions according to company guidelines
Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Coordinates and executes weekly check run vendor payments
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Reconciles vendor statements in ERP system
- Processes and enters personnel expense reports (T&E)
- Works with internal purchasing teams to resolve pricing discrepancies and unreceived invoices
- Responds to vendor requests on expected payment dates
- Analyzes vendor accounts and participates in negotiations for extended terms with vendors
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation
DIRECT REPORT: Position will report directly to the Accounting Senior Manager.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- 1 - 3 years general accounting experience
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Financial analysis skills including an understanding of general ledger reporting
- Proficient in working with Excel, Outlook, and other Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to work independently to solve problems and understand when to escalate concerns
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks to completion
- Motivated to proactively identify and implement process improvements
- Ability to partner with internal team members to obtain needed results
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong business judgment, with high integrity and strong professional ethics
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in unstructured environment, tolerance for ambiguity
- Able to see the big picture / think broadly while also diving down into operational and execution details
- Create new processes to improve financial efficiency
- Good presentation skills for educating internal team members on accounting principles and SOPs
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Experience utilizing an ERP System (SAP ByDesign) a plus