This role is the part of Global Markets Client Onboarding and Lifecycle Management with focus on Capital Markets & Advisory verification. This function works closely with partners in KYC, AML, Sales, and Clients.
- Verify the documents received from KYC analyst by performing quality control and validation to bring cases into compliance in accordance with local regulatory and Credit Suisse policies and procedures
- Verify that Sanctions, PEP and Adverse Media/Negative News screening has taken place using appropriate systems and in accordance with policies and procedures
- Committed to ensure that clients are correctly classified as prescribed by CS Policy and Regulatory expectations
- Maintain high quality standard, high productivity, and produce high quality reviews
- Provides guidance and assistance to the team in case of difficulty
- This is a fast paced role, that requires quick turn-around and excellent business partner management skills
Your future colleagues
This team performs a KYC function, and helps with the identification of financial crime related risks and adherence with requirements set out by the US and UK regulators in relation to new and existing clients. This process is complex and often time sensitive. Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value varied perspectives.
We are looking for an applicant who possess Bachelor's degree with business related coursework or equivalent. With equivalent work experience of 5-7 years.
- Proven experience of at least 5-7 years’ in the Financial Services industry
- Equivalent experience of at least 3-5 years’ in KYC or AML capacity
- Detailed knowledge of US, UK or EU regulatory environment and general AML and KYC principles (Preferable).
- Ability to communicate optimally, must be responsive, clear, concise and comprehensive
- Ability to maintain a controlled environment by recognizing control gaps
- Ability to adopt and maintain a logical approach in a highly pressurized environment
- Ability to multi-tasking multi-tasking and excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and have the ability to manage time, effectively, maintain track of multiple results, and be accustomed to working within tight timeframes.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws, as well as regulatory requirements, regarding considering of employment qualified individuals with criminal histories and prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.