Outside Sales Representative
Department: Business Development/Sales
Reports to: CEO
Supervises: Not applicable
Approved by Chief Human Resources Officer: Michael Macias
Date Approved: 12/31/2019
Date of last revision: 5/24/2021
Job Summary: Under general supervision, works as an ambassador to the brand and is responsible for establishing new and maintaining current relationships with customers based on their assigned territory. Must build trust and act as support for prospects, ensuring they lead to potential future sales.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Builds and maintains a network of sources from which to identify new sales leads.
- Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product needs; identifies and suggests products to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates the functions and utility of products to customers based on their needs.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale.
- Maintains communication with existing and previous customers, alerting them of new products and enhancements that may be of interest.
- Maintains detailed reports of sales activities including calls, orders, sales, lost business, and any customer relationship problems using the company’s designated CRM.
- Provides periodic territory sales forecasts.
- Responsible to profitably grow sales to achieve monthly, quarterly, and year-end company goals.
- Represents the company at trade show and other similar marketing events to promote the brand and the products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at time stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential job functions of the position. Example combinations are as listed below.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Business, or related field
Experience: 5 years of related experience; experience in the building materials and tile-setting industries preferred
Knowledge of: Principles and practices of B2B (Business to Business) sales required, knowledge of the product specification process and proven ability to acquire product specification approval preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting while driving and/or traveling
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time
- Must be able to travel 70-90% of the time
- Valid Class C Driver’s License
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $62,400.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Effective immediately all employees reporting to work will be screened for respiratory symptoms and have their body temperature taken as a precautionary measure to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- 100% (Required)
- On the road