Responsible for data mining and report development utilizing database management software/tools, perform database maintenance, improvements, and support of information systems applications, analyzing problems, provide training, and level 2 technical support for employees.
Essential Functions (Key Responsibilities):
1. Assist in data mining and report development, techniques, and tools to ensure deliverables meet the needs of both internal and external business customers.
2. Development and management of automated reports and data definitions across multiple computing environments.
3. Maintain system software and install and perform regular maintenance on software and equipment.
4. Help Information Systems Manager design and document standards for computer software and hardware to ensure optimal understanding and working knowledge of our systems.
5. Provide training to users on operation of information systems applications.
6. Advise and consult with managers and staff on best methods and processes in working with information systems applications in relation to, production, project management, coordination or accounting activities.
7. Participate in formal or ad-hoc project teams in problems solving, process or application improvements as well as custom application development.
8. Provide technical support in maintaining the information systems databases, software upgrades and report development.
9. Provide level 2 software applications technical support working alone or in conjunction with other IT Services personnel to resolve end user issues.
10. Must be resourceful, industrious, and willing to take on new tasks and proactively learn new technologies to keep up with business needs.
11. Develop and maintain information systems operating procedures and process manuals.
12. Provide end user support as necessary when additional support is needed within the IT Services Group.
13. Perform related responsibilities and special projects as required or directed.. Requirements:
- Technical Skills – Extensive knowledge of Information Systems software and methods, Database structure and design, proficient in with SQL.
- Diagnostic Ability – Ability to investigate technical and process related issues, research solutions and implement best practice resolutions with minimal or no supervision
- Communication Skills – Proven written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively train employees, managers and senior staff
- Customer Service – Must be highly customer service focused when applying technical solutions and be able to manage stressful conditions and frustrated users with a calm professional manner
- Teamwork – Must be able to work with and support all other IT Services team members
- Minimum of 2+ years of advanced information systems application experience / IT application support; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in IS, CS, Business or relevant industry certifications (MCSE: Data Management, AWS Certified, VMWare or equivalent) and 2+ years of business management application support
- MSSQL server tools (SSIS/Integration SVCS, SSRS/Reporting SVCS)
- Experience with AWS, Sitetracker, Deltek Vision, or Mulesoft a plus.
Special Job Dimensions:
Work may also have to be performed outside of normal business hours to avoid system downtime; on call coverage may also be required for emergency support outside of normal business hours.