ThinkOn Inc: Where Data Thrives
Founded in 2013, ThinkOn Inc. is dedicated to solving complex data problems with its portfolio of turnkey Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solutions. As a cloud service provider, ThinkOn’s channel-only distribution empowers over 150 value-add resellers and managed service providers to service the data needs of more than 1150 businesses in commercial enterprise and public sectors across North America, the United Kingdom, Australia, and the Caribbean. ThinkOn Cloud Services are engineered for high availability and scalability to securely host, manage, and store all types of data workloads with industry-leading technology platforms, including VMware, Dell Technologies, Hitachi, Intel and HP. Recognized for its aggressive growth, ThinkOn is listed in Globe & Mail’s Report on Business ranking of “Canada’s Top Growing Companies”, Canadian Business “Growth List”, and Channel Daily News “Top 100 Solution Providers”. ThinkOn is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. To learn more, visit www.ThinkOn.com
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure and Operations, the Associate Solutions Engineer is responsible for operational procedures and availability for level two projects. This resource will the main “local expert” for the assigned products and systems within ThinkOn environment.
This role is a remote position. This role is for a Night Shift from 6pm - 2am CDT/CST.
- Coordinate and own all issues escalated beyond Level 1
- Work effectively with cross functional teams, mentoring and providing technical leadership to Level 1 team members
- Have the ability to discern key aspects of a problem and address them at an early state by determining the best resolution
- Effectively communicate to all parties involved
- Responsible for assisting with the Veeam environment maintenance and design
- Responsible for assisting with the Zerto environment maintenance and design
- Coordinate and own Level 2 projects and implementations
- Produce documentation for system deployment, operation and support
- Provide complex system problem support, troubleshooting and problem analysis for different hardware and software components within ThinkOn systems
- Maintain close interactions with all technical and project related teams within ThinkOn, customers and vendors
- System deployment, integration and support activities for PDLC
- Identify and develop critical alerts and signals for monitoring (Zabbix, SNMP)
- Execute security investigations and escalations
- Develop and execute internal penetration testing methodologies
- Provide on call support for production systems
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience with Backup environments
- 2+ years of experience with VMware environments
- Extensive experience with large L2/L3 network design and theory
- Solid understanding of routing and switching concepts and technology
- Experience in a 24/7/365, multi-tiered large scale production environment.
Nice to Have
- VMware Certified Professional 6+ (VCP6 or higher) or VMCE (Veeam Certified)
- 2+ years of operational experience with Cloud environments
- Experience with IP Networking, routing, and switching.
- Network Overlays (e.g. NSX, Contrail, etc.), VMware platform/network virtualization platforms
- SOC or ISO audit/control experience (pertaining to environment security)
Applications will be accepted until 5:00pm EST on Thursday September 30th, 2021.
ThinkOn Inc. is committed to a workforce that is reflective of diverse populations. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, ThinkOn Inc. will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift