- Work closely with Global Head of Sustainability and Inclusive Growth on inclusive growth strategy; establish strategic impact priorities and develop actionable plans in connection to the firms inclusive growth efforts
- Develop and lead strategies that facilitate shared accountability and increase impact on inclusive growth efforts throughout the different areas of the firm
- Serve as an inclusive growth subject matter expert and thought leader on subjects such as racial equity, workforce development, financial inclusion, and community investment
- Actively pursue opportunities through public policy, advocacy, influence, and education
- Develop and manage new programmatic relationships and sponsorships
- Serve as the inclusive growth relationship manager internally and externally; strategize, develop, and coordinate inclusive growth programs and related activities firmwide, partnering closely with the Urban Investment Group, Office of Corporate Engagement, Launch @ GS, and other areas of the firm
- Work with broader teams and stakeholders in evaluating and directing partnership and investment opportunities and strategic direction
- Develop and manage national partnerships, community relations, engagement of GS people and other interest groups
- Working with Marketing and Media, develop a proactive, comprehensive strategy for internal and external communications around the amplification of the firm’s inclusive growth efforts, including One Million Black Women efforts and milestones
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders in identifying opportunities
One Million Black Women (OMBW) senior program officer, responsibilities will include identifying external research partners to ensure that the program is driven by and catalyzes relevant research. Developing and overseeing new commitments and business partners to support the strategic direction of the program, aligning with the firm’s objectives. Creating and managing long-term goals. Managing the budget and operating plan for the program. Developing and managing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the OMBW program.
- Overall OMBW program management, partnership development and tracking, aggregating, and reporting on OMBW commitments
- Develop and foster inclusive partnerships with Advisory Council Members, and other key relationships
- Identify partnerships and exclusive corporate sponsorships with leading research institutions to sponsor research aligned to program’s impact areas, and to help serve as resource for advocacy groups and help shape policies that narrow opportunity gaps for Black women
- Develop a framework to manage tracking accountability towards $10B - 10 year target, demonstrating OMBW’s key operating growth grants tracking to impact investing areas
- Manage OMBW operating grants to support best-in-class operators in key impact areas, and support investing activity
- Senior level experience in program management
- Proven stakeholder management skills, including the ability to work collaboratively in a team and proactively cultivate relationships with a diverse range of internal and external partners and constituencies
- Strong initiative, entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think creatively
- Knowledge of philanthropic sector
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including attention to detail
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including the ability to disseminate key trends and insights important to the attainment of strategic objectives
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity