- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering (EE/AE), or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of avionics design experience.
- 8+ years of project/program management experience. Experience with schedule tracking tools such as MS Project, SmartSheet, and Jira.
The Project Kuiper team is looking for a Sr. Technical Program Manager with experience in satellite avionics development, project management, and program management. The role will interface with cross-functional engineering and program/product management teams to develop Satellite avionics. Join us and make a difference to people around the world.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
About the hiring group
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with engineering leaders to create project plans for avionics development.
- Work with product/program management to ensure that avionics development meets schedule, cost, and quality requirements.
- Drive engineering project execution, make technical trade-offs, track and report on status, and resolve blocking issues.
- Collaborate with architecture, hardware, software, teams on ensuring cross-functional deliverables are identified and tracked.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Master's degree in EE/AE or Business.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Track record of successfully delivering complete systems (hardware, firmware, software, algorithms) on time, to scope, with high quality.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines.
- Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others.
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with engineers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience developing avionics for aerospace applications or systems operating in extreme environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Track record for being detail-oriented.