Posted Date: Aug 6 2021
** please note this a permanent opportunity **
** please note this role could be based out of Quebec or Ontario **
The Virtual Sales Manager leads a team of 9-12 Virtual Sales representatives to drive performance for our priority brands across Canada while upholding the highest standards of good governance. This role provides the opportunity to develop coaching, strategic thinking and senior stakeholder management capabilities
- Lead a team of CSO Sales professionals to deliver to vendor commitment, in alignment with GSK requirements
- Manage relationships with third party vendor to ensure compliance to all Canadian and GSK laws and policies
- Lead and inspire the team, demonstrating agility, innovation, competitiveness and inspiring the team to do the same
- Lead and manage the Virtual Sales team to sell promoted brands to all customers according to the strategy and direction, maximizing all levers to drive performance.
- Within the Vaccines Sales leadership team, contribute to developing and building enterprise wide capability with the GSK Vaccines Sales team, developing GSK employees, and taking responsibility for personal development
- Work with the Business Units to determine strategic and tactical priorities for the Virtual Sales Rep Team
- Develop business plan and implement district business strategies to meet district, regional and national objectives.
- Monitor progress in meeting established objectives.
- Ensure optimum coverage of all customers and potential customers.
- Provide adequate training, coaching, follow-up of sales representatives in all phases of their work within the CSO’s mandate.
- Ensure that representatives understand marketing strategies and thoroughly communicate balanced product information.
- Plan and conduct sales meetings to inform, train, and motivate representatives.
- Keep current on relevant matters including company business, policy and procedures to insure 100% compliant implementation.
- Manage and control expenses to maximize return on investment.
- In addition to national and regional meetings, overnight travel is involved.
- BA/BS degree required from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated agility, innovation, competitiveness
- Inspiring business ownership demonstrated by the ability to set a vision, develop and execute comprehensive, innovative and strategic district plans that have impact.
- Strong Customer engagement skills (selling skills) leading to successful business impact
- Strong track record of delivering results in a quick-changing and high-energy environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication (written & verbal), presentation, stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Balanced risk-taking with good governance
- Strong Coaching ability
- Valid driver's license
- Candidate must be able to travel extensively throughout Canada
- 2 years in a staff or headquarters-based position plus completion of a management development training program and/or special assignments.
- Expert knowledge of district territory and organization analysis.
- Mastery of selling skill
- Experience in developing strong customers relationships
This position requires the employee to drive routinely on Company business and allows for the provision of a company – leased vehicle. However, to be eligible for this position and a company vehicle, GSK will need to obtain acceptable results from a license verification inquiry and drivers abstract review against its safe driver program requirements.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to apply to our career opportunities. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at [email protected] Please do not send resumes to this e-mail and instead apply through the online application process of this posting.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.