California.com (a One Planet company) is a brand dedicated to showcasing the best experiences, services, and businesses in the Golden State. We are looking for self-motivated, results-driven Sales Development Representatives to actively recruit top-quality businesses into our Recommended Business program and sell product offerings to a variety of California-based businesses.
Your key objective is to actively source and effectively communicate the California.com value proposition to generate as many customers to California.com's Recommended Business Membership Program. Your success will be largely dependent on your ambition, energy, and willingness to building positive relationships with business and business owners. The Sales Development Representative will be responsible for qualifying all leads at the initial stages of the sales funnel and are therefore required to research potential clients, connect with and educate prospects, and qualify leads before closing them or handing them off to the sales team’s closers. A passion for California and promoting local businesses is a plus
If you are an ambitious go-getter ready to drive meaningful impact through direct revenue generation, this role is for you!
The base salary for this role is a guaranteed $45k. We also payout monthly bonuses for meeting sales targets, no cap.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, prospect, recruit and vet qualified businesses into our California.com Recommended Business Program
- Present, promote, and sell California.com memberships to potential clients
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive relationships
- Deliver consistent and exceptional customer service
- Achieve and exceed projected goals within a set timeframe
- Liaise between clients and the California.com team for timely and successful delivery
- Track all metrics and sales and regularly provide pipeline reports to management
- Motivated, highly energetic with exceptional presentation and public speaking skills
- Willingness to work hard, with a high level of integrity and desire to drive sales revenue
- Comfortable with cold calling and quickly building rapport over the phone and in person
- Target driven and deadline oriented
- Can work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Organized and timely
- A four-year degree strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a sales role preferred but not required
- Prior experience in a marketing role preferred but not required (#UROPG)
- Recent graduates are also welcome to apply!