As Head of Business Development-Innovation, you will be responsible for providing technical solutions, planning and guidance to meet the business requirements of SITA FOR AIRCRAFT, drive growth with existing customers and reach new customers.
Responsibilities includes pre-sales technical support and solution development, providing input to customer proposals and supporting the go-to-market, in coordination with the Business Development Managers.
What you will do:
- Acting as mentor/coach for the SITA FOR AIRCRAFT Business Development Managers and the SITA Sales Team to provide knowledge and expertise which will result in growing sustainable and profitable business for SITA FOR AIRCRAFT
- Working with all relevant stakeholders to develop the solution target market, the value proposition and the differentiators
- Promoting value and benefit of the solutions/product to customers
- Working with the Business Development Managers to qualifying the leads and identifying the targeted customers to grow the pipeline (demand generation)
- Providing subject matter expertise to Account Managers for the Account Development Plan (ADP)
- Making persuasive solution presentations and driving solution promotion for customers
- Acting as an authority to advise customers on the best match between SITA FOR AIRCRAFT solutions and business requirements
- Identifying customer needs/drivers and providing feedback to SITA FOR AIRCRAFT Product Teams about solution requirements, issues and challenges to drive the market
- Actively engaged in and supporting the qualification process for all major opportunities
- Participate in the preparation and review of proposals, presenting and explaining them to the Customer along with the SITA FOR AIRCRAFT Business Development Manager
- Working with SITA Sales team and SITA FOR AIRCRAFT Business Development Managers to retain existing Customers and up-sell solutions during renewals
- Working together with the SITA FOR AIRCRAFT Customer Solutions and Delivery Teams for specific solution requirements
- Managing and maintaining excellent business relationships with local partners in assigned region
Who you are:
- Solid academic qualification preferred in both technical and commercial domains, or equivalent business experience.
- 8+ years-experience within ATI or within specific solution
- Subject matter expert in Airline Operations Applications and Aircraft Communications
- Proven experience working in complex, multi-cultural and highly-matrixed organizations
- Experience of interfacing directly with senior levels of management internally and externally
- Proven experience in a management role or customer facing position and establishing customer relationships
- Knowledge of cabin solutions (IFC, IFE, etc.) a strong asset
- Airline Operations & Applications Product / Solution Knowledge
- Aircraft & Airline Operations Processes experience
- Airline Passenger Connectivity Solution experience
- Sales/pre-sales activities and commercially minded
What we offer :
SITA’s workplace is all about diversity: many different countries and cultures are represented in our workforce, and colleagues who’ve been working here for decades collaborate with those just out of college and early in their careers. SITA is a place of change and constant improvement, where we're always pushing ourselves to find better ways of doing things: smarter, quicker, easier, for us and our customers and for their customers too.
And we offer all the good stuff you’d expect like holidays, bonuses, flexible benefits, medical policy, pension plan and access to world-class learning.
Welcome to SITA:
SITA is the world’s leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology. We don’t just connect the global aviation industry. We apply decades of experience and expertise to address almost every core business, operational, baggage, and passenger process in air transport.
We design, build and support technology solutions all with one vision to create easy air travel every step of the way. As an organization, we cover 95% of all international air travel destinations and work with over 2,800 air transport and government customers in every corner of the globe. Are you ready to explore the opportunities?
SITA is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, Aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process.