Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: Director PMM Risk Products
Director, Risk Product Marketing Management (PMM)
The PMM team plays a central role in developing, positioning, and bringing our products and services to market. At PayPal, the PMM team works closely with product managers to provide the customer & market insights needed to build product strategies & roadmaps; and guide product development from conception to launch. When products & features are ready for launch, the PMM team provides the product positioning and market insights to develop GTM plans in the Sales, Marketing & Comms teams.
Lead a team that is accountable and responsible for clear messaging of PayPal’s risk related products and the value proposition to our merchant customers, connecting product development and go to market. The team’s core responsibilities include:
At the start of the product development lifecycle:
- Provide input on market dynamics and competitors. This critical information informs how Product Managers develop product strategy and go to market plans
- Support scope definition with our Segment and Market PMMs and the product teams by bringing competitor insight and customer research into the discussion
- Provide feedback based on understanding on how our merchant customers engage with our Risk products, existing products performance and improvement opportunities
- Recommend to our Segment and Market PMMs and Product Managers potential value propositions and messages that will resonate across the various segments and associated features/functionality
When a product, feature or service is reach for launch:
- Craft messaging and collateral that places the product in the context of the relevant solution(s) and the go to market strategy
- Create and drive a plan that ensures go to market functions (i.e., Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Professional Services, Customer Support) are commercially ready, including understanding product functionality and messaging, as well as confirming that their respective plans are consistent with each other and the overall go to market strategy developed by the Product Manager and verified by the Segment Owner
- Working closely with Segment and Market PMMs capture feedback from customers and other go to market functions on what is working in order to improve messaging, as well as to share with Product Managers (to improve the product) and other go to market functions (to improve the approach to marketing, selling and servicing)
- Build and lead a team of Product PMMs that are initially focused on PayPal’s Risk Products
- Experience in Product Marketing, with a balance of inbound & outbound focus
- Experience working with Risk products in a global context
- Experience leading complex strategic and operational initiatives, working through technical, operational, legal/policy and business issues
- Experience in the area of product management, development and or launch
- Ideally, experience in payments
- Ability to clearly articulate product requirements and prioritize enhancement requests
- Ability to gather and analyze large quantities of information, and synthesize into insightful business and product recommendations
- Deep understanding of the market and competitive environment
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years working in a product marketing capacity (partnered closely with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements and with marketing and sales to support product launches)
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.