Job Title:Specialty Electrical Service SalesRepresentative
Reports Directly To: Director of Sales
Reports Indirectly To: Construction Services Manager
Job Summary: Position is focused on expanding PPM’s specialty construction services outside of the core long-term customers. This role will require to work independently and with others in the sales team to identify opportunities to grow the specialty construction services. Effective use of sales tools, technology and processes will be used regularly, including regular interaction with the team for ongoing information sharing, goal setting, analysis, industry education and role development. This role will require initial development of project schedules as well as identifying necessary materials and subcontracts which will be communicated to the project manager upon successful award of project.
This position is at the forefront of representing the company, culture, and brand in a customer focused, professional, and caring role, while continuing to focus on achieving short and long term goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will responsible and accountable for the growth and development of the Specialty Electrical Services group throughout the footprint of the company as identified by senior leadership.
- Prospect, research, and interact as required, on the phone, in person and other means to both new and existing customers
- Read and interpret RFQ’s, solicitations, drawings, and specifications. Interpret and Perform take offs. Develop estimations, based on best construction estimating work practices.
- Develop highly detailed estimates based on customer specifications to cover all aspects of the required scope of work.
- Develop and provide accurate proposals, detailing scope of work, materials, schedules/timelines, and other items that are required by the customer.
- Track proposals and activity in (via CRM software (ISM or other means) as required to ensure successful tracking.
- Follow up with any open proposals as necessary
- Initially assists with lay out of project schedules to meet scope and construction schedules.
- Works with procurement group to ensure that materials, tools, and equipment requirements are understood, to meet construction schedules
- Assists initially with project management to coordinate any trades or subcontracts that may be involved
- Assist customer and project management with initiating, tracking, and documenting change orders, as necessary.
- Upon successful award of project, initially works to assist with planning, contract administration, project activities, and developing or maintaining client relationships
- The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list; other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to develop personal sales plans with the assistance of management to successfully meet sales objectives.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding in estimating materials, skilled labor, subcontractors, and wiring of specialty substation equipment
- Effective and concise communication
- Ability to work independently, outside a regular office environment
- Above average detailed communication and organization.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work well under pressure to meet goals and deadlines
- Time management skills and focus.
- Position will require a large portion of their work to be performed remotely, outside of a local office environment as necessary, including pre-construction walkthroughs, bid openings and customer meetings
- Emphasis will be focused on prospecting, identifying and growing opportunities from new and existing customers
- Must be willing to take calls and travel outside of normal business hours
- Must be located within 60 miles of a Premier Power Maintenance Corporate Headquarters in Indianapolis, IN
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED, Military experience is preferred but not required
- Bachelors or Associates Degree or certificated related Industry Trade School in Construction Management or equivalent is preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in estimation of electrical construction, account management or equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret project specifications, electrical drawings, diagrams, manuals, and schematics
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background, education verification, motor vehicle report, physical abilities test and an approved drug screen
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Benefits: Premier Power Maintenance firmly believes that each team member is part of our family. Therefore, Premier Power Maintenance offers an exceptional benefits package, including:
- 100% of premiums paid by employer for team member short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums for the team member and 50% of the premiums for dependent coverage.
- Generous paid time off policy and 8 paid holidays per year.
- Discretionary performance bonuses.
- 401k matching and discretionary profit-sharing plan.
To learn more about Premier Power Maintenance, please visit our website at www.premierpowermaintenance.com.
Premier Power Maintenance is an EEO/AA employer who values and embraces workplace diversity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, disability and/or veteran status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.