Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Hardlines team in Arlington Heights, IL.
This position is responsible for new sales for growing year on year revenue and market share.
- This position will assist with the strategy, development and management of sales activities.
- This position will also actively participate in the research and development of new areas of business, as well as expand business with existing clients. Business Development Manager is responsible for maintaining and growing existing business with retailers and non-retailers.
- Responsible for developing new business opportunities by sourcing new client’s opportunities.
- Directs, establishes, maintains, and plans the overall procedures and goals for newly acquired accounts.
- Identifies potential business partners and negotiates agreements.
- Collaborate with Marketing to help develop and implement marketing strategies based on client and industry trends, along with surveillance of competitor products sales and marketing activities.
- Develops and delivers presentations to prospective clients on attributes of Intertek services to support and expand client base.
- Networks with industry contacts through trade shows and industry associations.
- Acts as liaison as needed between Customers and Account Managers and Operations Teams to resolve any business issues
- Responsible for obtaining revenue through focused sales and hunting effort against a list of mutually agreed upon prospects
- Responsible for the completion of RFI's and/or RFP's issued by potential clients
- Writes proposals including costs and timing of projects
- Submits forecasts, activity reports and other analyses required to assess the status of sales efforts, primarily through daily usage of the CRM
- May coordinate and negotiate with the product development, marketing and/or sales group
- Creates and executes strategic account plans in support of target account activity
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Strategy development and Implementation
- Project management
- Presentation skills
- Research and Report writing skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Change Management
- PC literate with PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Professional and positive approach
- Self motivated, creative, dynamic
- Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels
- Team player, and able to work on own initiative.
- Knowledge of third party testing such as testing that relates to CPSC, FTC, AATCC, ASTM highly recommended.
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrable track record of revenue and profit generation through issues and solutions-based selling in the consumer goods industry and 3-5 years custom market search experience.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities and demanding deadlines
- Must be detailed-oriented and able to effectively prioritize and organize workload, with efficient time management
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal written and presentation formats
- B.S. in Sales/Marketing or equivalent with extensive business development experience
- Graduate level education
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.