Manager, National Sales – Healthcare & Senior Living
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With over 69,000 associates, the company operates more than 320 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2019 that ended June 29, 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
- Develop and maintain close relationships with healthcare and senior living accounts. This includes routine visits to customers’ sites, regular communication with customers, and identifying and anticipating customers’ needs in accordance with customer contract/agreement.
- Work with customers to determine sales growth opportunities, including line growth, Sysco brand penetration and new product opportunities.
- Manage and monitor customer contracts regarding purchasing and service agreements.
- Monitor proprietary SKU’s and promotional items ensuring adequate inventory and minimum movement requirements.
- Work with customers to clear slow moving or dead inventory
- Work with merchandising department to communicate upcoming promotional inventory, new listings, increased/decreased inventory pulls and plans for slow moving/ dead inventory.
- Communicate with contacts to advise of bid changes and pricing inaccuracies
- Work in concert with transportation department to determine best options for delivery windows, prospective night drop locations and communicating customer concerns.
- Manage a variety of customer relationships, including individual site, head office, and group purchase organization
- Encourage customers to attend corporate business reviews, share purchase history, and explore product opportunities
- Identify operational inefficiencies by balancing work week, limiting same day/off day deliveries, assessing back orders, reducing deliveries and increasing order size.
- Design and manage special promotions to ensure communication is distributed to customers and product is shipped according to schedule
- Liaise with National Sales Canada VP National Account’s/National Account Manager’s where appropriate
- Is willing to work safely with minimal environmental impact and understands the importance of reporting all hazards, incidents, and environmental spills immediately to their Supervisor.
- Understands that they play an integral role in their own safety and that of their colleagues and is willing to speak out when hazards are present.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in related industry/field, food service experience is an asset
- Post-secondary education in Business, Hotel/Restaurant or Marketing/Sales preferred, combination of experience and education considered
- Ability to build customer loyalty by developing productive customer relationships.
- A client service and sales focus; confidentiality, integrity and respect in all interactions.
- Must possess excellent computer skills and have a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing with access to a vehicle is required.
- Frequent local travel and overnight travel required (up to 10%)
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
Sysco’s Values: Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Inclusiveness | Responsibility
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy: