The Importance of this Role
Matic is hiring a Business Development Representative to accelerate our efforts in forging new strategic partnerships. Since our inception, Matic has focused heavily on building products and services that allow for a seamless process for consumers to purchase Home and Auto Insurance. One of our fastest growth channels lies in expanding our market share in new and existing verticals, and we need a Business Development Representative to own and execute top of funnel activity in order to crush our goals.
The person selected for this opportunity will support the Business Development team in prospecting new and exciting partnership opportunities, researching trends in base and new vertical industries, fostering new relationships, and will be on the leading edge of helping shape Matic's direction in disrupting the future of personal lines insurance.
- Conduct research to identify partnership opportunities.
- Develop new business partnership opportunities via cold calls, email, and LinkedIn.
- Manage pipeline of prospects and new opportunities for handoff to Business Development Executive.
- Partner with our Marketing team to execute B2B outreach and marketing campaigns.
- Manage data for prospective partners within Salesforce, ensuring all communications and activity are logged accurately.
- Meet / exceed weekly goals for prospecting and lead generation activities that lead to qualified new partnership opportunities
- 2+ years of experience in prospecting and lead generation for new enterprise accounts.
- Proficiency with technology (i.e. CRM, social media networking platforms, collaboration tools).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exceed sales and activity quotas.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively solve problems, and overcome objections.
- Experience at a high growth company.
- Salesforce experience (or similar CRM experience)
- Experience in B2B marketing or similar.
- Experience in insurtech.
Matic is a startup with ample opportunities for growth. Since 2014, Matic has changed the landscape of the insurtech industry by integrating insurance within the home and auto ownership experience. Today, Matic's digital insurance marketplace has over 30 A-rated home and auto carriers, as well as distribution partners in industries ranging from mortgage origination and servicing to banking, auto financing, and much more.
We hire rock stars who are passionate about owning their work and are obsessed with finding a better way. Working at Matic means working collaboratively towards one common goal; we are one team with one dream. We have a fast-paced culture that is driven by quality, transparency, and of course fun.
How Matic stands out
- Career advancement - we have a culture that focuses on internal promotion and career growth.
- You have an ownership stake - all Maticians receive Matic stock options.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off.
- Company covered Health, Dental & Vision insurance for each Matician ($0 out of your paycheck for benefits), plus HSA with employer contribution.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan.
- Continuing education, licensing and professional development paid for by Matic.
- A TRUE team culture - One team, one dream is our company motto and while we are working hard to simplify the world of insurance, we never forget to play hard as well - we pride ourselves on frequent team events like happy hours, game nights, volleyball/kickball teams, etc!
- Modern office environment (that's CDC compliant!) - we have a trendy HQ in the heart of German Village in downtown Columbus with awesome amenities including ping pong tables, coffee/espresso bar, flavored water bar (sparkling or still, your choice!).
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. This position does not offer sponsorship.