Tsumosnacks is a start-up snack company operating in the legal cannabis space in California. We make snacktime better with surprisingly flavorful, reliably feel-good, fun-to-eat snacks. We are looking to hire a Sales Director who will be responsible for developing and executing our strategic sales plan, and optimizing sales processes and tools.
The role requires a successful sales leader with proven experience in a fast-growing, emerging category (cannabis industry experience is not necessary, but preferred). They will be responsible for driving rapid growth while wisely managing resources.
This key senior leader will collaborate closely with the GM to develop and implement our business strategy to achieve rapid, sustainable growth.
This role includes management of an external sales team and our distribution partner, sales pipeline planning, development of the annual market plan, and cross-functional leadership to ensure sales strategy execution and organizational alignment to these activities.
We have aggressive growth plans as the legal market, and consumer adoption continues to expand and are resourced for this explosive growth.
This job is for you if...
- You are interested in a meaningful job at a growing Cannabis company where you'll work on a variety of "deals" at once and be appreciated daily for doing your job well.
- You have integrity and enjoy running an honest sales process.
- You don't leave things to chance and rely on your ability to "wing it." Rather you're calculated, prepared, and take measured risks.
- Are an individual of unquestioned integrity possessing strong interpersonal skills, a sense of urgency, and a strategic orientation leadership style characterized by straightforwardness, honesty, approachability, team orientation, and collaboration.
- To be considered, you must be a proven sales leader with the ability to work independently with little oversight.
- Must have a superior track record of expansion of an early stage in a high-growth manufacturing company.
- Minimum of 5+ years of sales leadership experience in a growth-oriented, innovative
CPG category, preferably at the sales director or above level.
- Experience wearing multiple hats and operating flexibly and effectively in unpredictable, high-growth startup environments.
- Agile and creative leader who can maximize results in a resource-constrained, highly regulated industry.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen, with a passion for translating data into actionable strategies.
- Proven track record of successfully scaling revenue through multiple stages of company growth
- Experience building and managing scalable outside sales teams
- Exhibits emotional maturity with the ability to maintain calm under pressure and provide leadership for all kinds of personalities.
- Skilled at driving process improvements and efficiencies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, CRM, ERP, and forecasting, and other project management tools.
- Experience with people management and maximizing relationships
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Enthusiasm for the cannabis industry!
- Reporting directly to the GM, this role will play a pivotal role in the growth and success of the business.
- Develop and execute effective short-term and long-term sales strategies, demand forecasts , and plans across our cannabis channel and partners, successfully balancing objectives, budget, and resources.
- Design, implement and manage sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes to establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency
- Establish projections and KPIs for external sales team and plan and lead regular business reviews (annual and quarterly business reviews) with sales team to ensure accountability and effectiveness.
- Continuously optimize sales processes and tools to drive efficiencies.
- Proactively and effectively communicate with the executive team, team members, and customers to ensure clarity and alignment on plans and activities.
- Work side by side with marketing to ensure the brand is properly represented, campaigns are executed, and sales conversion goals are achieved.
- With input from our sales and marketing agency and distributor, evaluate, formulate, and drive our go to market sales strategy
- Develop and establish key customer relationships to accelerate sales to retailers
Oversee our outside sales team to:
- Build, develop and manage a stellar outreach team that meets or exceeds goals and represents our brand in the marketplace.
- Present product portfolio to dispensary managers and buyers
- Conduct training and demos for dispensary clients
- Assess customer needs, answer questions, and assist with ordering process
- Generate and develop pipeline, follow up as necessary
- Process necessary paperwork to establish accounts
- Provide sales reports to management
- Build a sustainable promotion and discounts program
- Manage revenue and distribution targets and reporting and identify opportunities and gaps of growth with current portfolio
- Establish new business, and develop current buyer relationships.
- Establish goals and expectations with sales agency and distro to ensure that we are aligned and KPIs are met
- Develop a clear process of managing the business utilizing information from ERP
- Assist with the communication of new product launches and associated sales targets
- Increase assortment, develop and close new qualified customers
- Travel and driving are essential duties and functions of this position
- Work directly in the field on a regular and ongoing basis
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- California: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- On the road